James Carr A Man Needs a Woman
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Otis Redding ~ Complete & Unbelievable: The Otis Redding Dictionary of Soul ~ $13.25
- by Beck ~ Morning Phase ~ $11.68
- by William Bell ~ Soul of a Bell [Bonus Tracks] ~ $10.56
- by O.V. Wright ~ The Soul of O.V. Wright ~ $7.38
- by James Carr ~ You Got My Mind Messed Up [Bonus Tracks] ~ $12.35
- Released: March 31, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Kent Records UK
Mojo (Publisher) - 5/03, p.1145 stars out of 5 - "...Carr was not a one-trick pony....His unique takes on Otis Redding's 'I Can't Turn You Loose' and Johnny Cash's 'Ring Of Fire' are truly wonderful..."
- 1.Man Needs a Woman
- 2.Stronger Than Love
- 3.More Love
- 4.You Didn't Know It But You Had Me
- 5.Woman Is a Man's Best Friend
- 6.I'm a Fool for You
- 7.Life Turned Her That Way
- 8.Gonna Send You Back to Georgia
- 9.Dark End of the Street
- 10.I Sowed Love and Reaped a Heartache
- 11.You've Got My Mind Messed Up
- 12.Losing Game
- 13.Message to Young Lovers
- 14.Let It Happen
- 15.You Gotta Have Soul
- 16.You Hurt So Good
- 17.I Can't Turn You Loose
- 18.Let's Face Facts
- 19.Who's Been Warming My Oven
- 20.Please Your Woman
- 21.Your Love Made a U-Turn
- 22.Lifetime of a Man
- 23.Tell Me My Lying Eyes Are Wrong
- 24.Ring of Fire [#]
Contains 16 tracks.
Includes liner notes by Colin Dilnot and Tony Rounce.
Personnel: James Carr (vocals, tenor saxophone).
Liner Note Author: Tony Rounce.
Recording information: 1967-2003.
Along with his other original Goldwax LP, You Got My Mind Messed Up, James Carr's Man Needs a Woman represents one of the high watermarks of Southern soul music. And beyond his tonal resemblance to Otis Redding, Carr was as distinct a voice as the genre ever produced. Compilations on both Kent (Complete Goldwax Singles) and Razor & Tie (The Essential James Carr) are certainly good places to start, but this LP might be even a better introductory title, especially considering the likelihood one will want to obtain all of Carr's prime late-'60s work. Whether Carr revels in the up-tempo soul of "I'm a Fool for Your" or stops the presses on sanctified slow-burners like "You've Got My Mind Messed Up" and the Dan Penn and Chips Moman-penned classic "Dark End of the Street," the intensity never falters. ~ Stephen Cook
My Soul Is Satisfied / The Rest of James Carr (CD)
A Man Worth Knowing: The 1990s Goldwax and Soultrax... (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!