- Released: April 12, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: La Face
- 2.Un-Break My Heart - (Soul Hex Anthem Vocal mix)
- 3.Spanish Guitar - (HQ2 Club mix)
- 4.You're Makin' Me High - (David Morales Classic mix)
- 5.I Don't Want To - (Frankie Knuckles Franktified Club mix)
- 6.Hit The Freeway - (HQ2 Club mix)
- 7.He Wasn't Man Enough - (Peter Rauhofer NYC Club mix)
- 8.He Wasn't Man Enough - (JUnior Vasquez Marathon mix)
- 9.Maybe - (HQ2/Dynamix Club)
- 10.Un-Break My Heart - (Frankie Knuckles Franktidrama Club mix)
- 11.Spanish Heart - (Joe Claussell Main mix)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Toni Braxton (background vocals); Toni Braxton (vocals); Terry Burrus (keyboards); Simon Franglen (Synclavier, programming); David Morales (drums, percussion); Andr‚s de Le¢n, Andres De Leon, Sue Ann Carwell, Sue Carwell (background vocals); Dean Parks (guitar, acoustic guitar); Mac Quayle, Tony Aliperti (guitar); Michael Thompson (electric guitar); Eric Kupper, Kandi Burruss, David Foster (keyboards); Cindy Mizelle, R. Kelly, Shanice Wilson (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Hex Hector; Mick Guzauski.
Audio Remixers: Mac Quayle; David Morales ; Eddie Cumana; Frankie Knuckles; Hex Hector; Beppe Savoni; Joaquin "Joe" Claussell; Peter Rauhofer; Soul Solution; J-Dub.
Photographer: Daniela Federici.
Arrangers: Toni Braxton; R. Kelly; David Foster; Keith Crouch.
Un-Break My Heart: The Remix Collection is a nice change of pace from the typical patched-together cash-in compilation of remixes. Hex Hector is brought in to mix ten of the best-known club mixes done for Toni Braxton, and he does so in a way that allows enough room for the bulk of each track to play, rather than showing off quick-wristed skills that would likely knock the wind out of the selections. This disc is for Braxton's fans, after all, whether they prefer her upbeat material or want to hear another side of her highlighted across an entire release. Highlights -- many of which were previously available on vinyl or CD singles only -- include the "HQ2" mix of "Hit the Freeway," Frankie Knuckles' mix of "Un-Break My Heart," and Peter Rauhofer's mix of "He Wasn't Man Enough." One detracting characteristic is the explosion sound that signals a few of the track transitions. ~ Andy Kellman