- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 10, 1998
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 06/01/1995
"...A dream team come true for Trekkies..."
New York Times - 11/18/1994
"...The series' most ambitious film....Reasonably diverting to the neophyte. Even if you came in late for STAR TREK, you can come in here..."
Entertainment Weekly - 07/14/1995
"...A feast to anyone with a yen for cracklingly paced adventure..." -- Rating: A-
Sight and Sound - 03/01/1995
"...The exchanges between Shatner and the ageless Patrick Stewart, a fascinating duel between levity and authority, produce admirable performances at both extremes..."
A new version of the starship Enterprise is launched with Captain James T. Kirk as the guest of honor, but no longer calling the shots. But, within moments of take-off, the Enterprise receives a distress signal from two ships about to be obliterated, and Captain Kirk is asked to return to the helm. With his vast experience and expertise, he manages to save one of the ships. However, Kirk disappears in the process, and at least one of the passengers he saves is not all thankful. It seems that the rescue yanked him out of an idyllic world of perfect joy. Now he'll do anything, even kill, to return -- and it's up to Captain Jean-Luc Picard to prevent that from happening.
Space Exploration |
Space Opera |
- Filmed in Deluxe color with anamorphic lenses.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.
- The Paramount video #15318 comes in an iridescent, refractive, metallic sleeve, which the company refers to as the "Holofoil Box." In limited supplies only.