Fantastic Mr. Fox [Original Soundtrack]
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.49 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.49 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 3, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Abkco
- 1.American Empirical Pictures
- 2.The WellingtonsThe Ballad of Davy Crockett
- 3.Mr. Fox in the Fields
- 4.The Beach BoysHeroes and Villains
- 5.Burl IvesFooba Wooba John
- 6.Boggis, Bunce, and Bean
- 7.Jimmy Squirrel and Co.
- 8.Nancy AdamsLove
- 9.Burl IvesBuckeye Jim
- 10.High-Speed French Train
- 11.Whack-Bat Majorette
- 12.Burl IvesThe Grey Goose
- 13.Bean's Secret Cidar Cellar
- 14.Georges DelerueUne Petite Île
- 15.The Rolling StonesStreet Fighting Man
- 16.Jarvis CockerFantastic Mr. Fox aka Petey's Song
- 17.Art TatumNight and Day
- 18.Kristofferson's Theme
- 19.Just Another Dead Rat in a Garbage Pail (Behind a Chinese Restaurant)
- 20.Georges DelerueLe Grand Choral
- 21.Great Harrowsford Square
- 22.Stunt Expo 2004
- 23.Canis Lupus
- 24.The Beach BoysOl' Man River
- 25.Bobby Fuller FourLet Her Dance
Audio Mixer: Andrew Dudman.
Recording information: EMI Abbey Road Studios, London, England; Studios Guillaume Tell, Paris, France.
Nearly all of Wes Anderson's films have had a strong sense of childlike wonder, but Fantastic Mr. Fox, which is based on Roald Dahl's charming book, is his first film specifically for children. The movie's soundtrack manages to take nearly all of Anderson's musical fascinations -- Anglophilia, Francophilia, '60s pop and rock, and music from other, gentler, and/or quirkier times -- and tailor them to a younger audience. Though Anderson's films and their soundtracks have been criticized for valuing style over substance, Fantastic Mr. Fox's stylization is fitting, given that the film's characters are stop-motion animal puppets. The soundtrack's songs and Alexandre Desplat's score mix delicacy and rough-and-tumble energy while reminding listeners of what children's movies and music used to be like before being cool took precedence over everything else. While there are two songs from Anderson favorites the Beach Boys, ("Heroes and Villains" and "Ol' Man River"), it's Burl Ives who contributes the most songs to Fantastic Mr. Fox. Ives' grandfatherly tone made him one of the most enduring and endearing voices in children's entertainment, and the tracks that appear here ("Fooba Wooba John," "Buckeye Jim," and "The Grey Goose") dig into his pastoral folk roots. Likewise, the Wellingtons' "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" conjures instant nostalgia and childhood adventure, both of which are echoed in Desplat's score. Cues like "Jimmy Squirrel and Co." and "Boggis, Bunce, and Bean" are as twinkly and precious as previous Anderson film scores, but more rural elements like banjo and Jew's harp roughen them up enough to fit in with the soundtrack's overall folky feel. Meanwhile, "Just Another Dead Rat in a Garbage Pail (Behind a Chinese Restaurant)," "Great Harrowsford Square," and "Stunt Expo 2004" have a spaghetti western-like air of danger and intrigue that sets the stage for the somber "Canis Lupis" and Georges Delerue's noble "Le Grand Choral." Moodier moments aside, Fantastic Mr. Fox is mostly gleeful, especially on the Bobby Fuller Four's "Let Her Dance," Jarvis Cocker's "Fantastic Mr. Fox aka Petey's Song," and the Rolling Stones' "Street Fighting Man" -- this may be one of the only children's films where a song about "violent revolution" is actually appropriate. While this album is less about digging into Anderson's deep record collection than his other film's soundtracks have been, Fantastic Mr. Fox may be the most purely joyous one since Rushmore.
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.02 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE