Oldies But Goodies, Volume 5 (Golden Anniversary)
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Label: Original Sound
- 1.The SkylinersSince I Don't Have You
- 2.Rosie & The OriginalsAngel Baby
- 3.Shep & The LimelitesDaddy's Home
- 4.The DreamloversWhen We Get Married
- 5.The ElegantsLittle Star
- 6.Billy Ward & The DominoesSixty Minute Man
- 7.Jimmy ReedBaby What Do You Want Me To Do
- 8.DionThe Wanderer
- 9.Maurice WilliamsStay
- 10.The Hollywood ArgylesAlley Oop
- 11.Bobby DayRockin' Robin
- 12.The ShirellesMama Said
- 13.Bobby LewisTossin' and Turnin'
- 14.Johnnie TaylorWho's Making Love
- 15.Jean KnightMr. Big Stuff
- 16.Bob & EarlHarlem Shuffle
Liner Note Author: Art Laboe.
Unknown Contributor Roles: The Hollywood Argyles; Preston Epps; Rosie & the Originals; Shep & the Limelites; The Dominoes; The Elegants; The Skyliners; Bobby Day; The Channels.
Oldies But Goodies was the first reissue series to showcase early rock & roll and pop hits from the '50s and early '60s. The focus is on the hits of the period, with plenty of classics from the likes of Chuck Berry, the Moonglows, Frankie Avalon, Dion, Jerry Lee Lewis, the Shirelles, and many others. On this fifth installment, there's a mix of slow dance tracks and up-tempo rock & roll respectively included on a "Dreamy Side" and a "Rock Side." All the numbers were recorded between 1958-1962 (with one track from 1951) and include highlights like the Skyliners' "Since I Don't Have You" and Bobby Day's "Rockin' Robin." Along with the Shirelles' proto-soul number "Mama Said" and the Dominoes' early harmony cut "Sixty Minute Men," there's other fine R&B-style fare like Shep & the Limelighters' "Daddy's Home" and the Paradons' "Diamonds and Pearls." A fine, if not terribly generous, sampling of hits from rock & roll's golden beginnings. ~ Stephen Cook
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!