The Who Odds & Sods
Only 9 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.79 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.20 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 10, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: MCA
- 1.I'm The Face
- 2.Leaving Here - (previously unreleased, demo version)
- 3.Baby Don't You Do It - (previously unreleased, demo version)
- 4.Summertime Blues - (previously unreleased, studio version)
- 5.Under My Thumb
- 6.Mary-Anne With The Shaky Hand - (previously unreleased)
- 7.My Way - (previously unreleased)
- 8.Faith In Something Bigger
- 9.Glow Girl
- 10.Little Billy
- 11.Young Man Blues - (studio version)
- 12.Cousin Kevin Model Child - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Love Ain't For Keepin' - (previously unreleased)
- 14.Time Is Passing - (previously unreleased)
- 15.Pure And Easy
- 16.Too Much Of Anything
- 17.Long Live Rock
- 18.Put The Money Down
- 19.We Close Tonight - (previously unreleased)
- 21.Now I'm A Farmer
- 23.Naked Eye
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
ODDS AND SODS is a collection of outtakes and rarities from the 1960s through the early '70s, including "I'm The Face," recorded by The Who when they called themselves The High Numbers.
Originally released on MCA (2126) .
The Who: John Entwistle (bass instrument, background vocals); Keith Moon , Pete Townshend (background vocals); Roger Daltrey.
Personnel: Pete Townshend (vocals, guitar, piano, synthesizer); John Entwistle (vocals, brass, bass guitar); Keith Moon (vocals, drums); Roger Daltrey (vocals).
Additional personnel: Leslie West (guitar); Al Kooper (organ).
Audio Remixer: Andy MacPherson.
Liner Note Authors: Pete Townshend; Chris Charlesworth.
Recording information: CBS Studios (06/1964); CBS Studios, London, England (06/1964); De Lane Lea Studios, London, England (06/1964); De Lane Sea Studios (06/1964); Eel Pie Sound Studios, England (06/1964); Fontana Studios, England (06/1964); IBC Studios, England (06/1964); Olympic Studios, England (06/1964); Pye Studios, London, England (06/1964); Ramport Studios, England (06/1964).
Photographer: Graham Hughes.
ODDS AND SODS stands out a bit in the Who canon. The aptly titled 1974 collection features songs that, for one reason or another, didn't end up on their initial recordings. It's a mixed bag to be sure, one that includes pre-Who numbers like "I'm the Face," introspective and religious-themed pop ("Too Much of Anything," "Faith in Something Bigger"), and some inspired goofiness like the anti-smoking "Little Billy." Unlike a lot of out-takes collections, there are no clinkers here, and there are several gems.
"Pure and Easy," from the aborted "Lighthouse" project, ranks with any of the great melodies Pete Townshend has written. The slowly building "Naked Eye," passionately sung in alternating verses by Daltrey and Townshend, ebbs and flows to an explosive climax. The most familiar tune here is probably "Long Live Rock," whose canny lyrics look back at the band's early days and boast, "We were the first band to vomit in the bar/and find the distance to the stage too far." A quirky collection that grows more appealing as time goes by.
Music from The Old Grey Whistle Test, Volume 2 (DVD)(11)
$7.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 51 ratings.
Based on 51 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Something About Suburbia: The Sixties Sounds of Tim Andrews (CD)
$17.69 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock 'n Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 - Disc 6 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Count Basie First Time! The Count Meets The Duke / Count Basie Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Charlie Byrd Travelin' Man / The Touch of Gold (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Del Vikings 1956 Audition Tapes (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE