Joe Walsh So What
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.41 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.58 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 2, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: MCA
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Welcome To The Club
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Falling Down
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Pavanne (Pavane De La Belle Au Bois Dormant)
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Time Out
- $0.99 on iTunes5.All Night Laundry Mat Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Turn To Stone
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Help Me Thru The Night
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Country Fair
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Song For Emma
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Joe Walsh (vocals, guitar, piano, Mellotron, synthesizers, bass, organ); Leonard Southwick (harmonica); Tom Stephenson (organ); James Bond (acoustic bass); Kenny Passarelli (bass); Bryan Garafolo (bass, background vocals); Joe Vitale, Ron Grinel, Russ Kunkel (drums); Guille Garcia (congas); Jody Boyer, Dan Fogelberg, J.D. Souther, Glen Frey, Don Henley, Randy Meisner (background vocals).
Engineers: Al Blazek, Bill Szymczyk, John Stronach.
Principally recorded at The Record Plant, Los Angeles, California; The Record Plant, Sausalito, California; The Record Plant, New York; Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida.
Personnel: Joe Walsh (vocals, guitar, Mellotron, synthesizer, ARP synthesizer, Moog synthesizer, background vocals); J.D. Souther (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Dan Fogelberg (vocals, guitar); Bryan Garofalo, Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Jody Boyer, Randy Meisner (vocals, background vocals); John Stronach, Kenny Passarelli (vocals); Joe Vitale (flute, keyboards, drums); Leonard Southwick (harmonica); Tom Stephenson (organ, keyboards); Ron Grinel, Russ Kunkel (drums); Guille Garcia (congas, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Bill Szymczyk; John Stronach.
Recording information: Record Plant, LA, CA; Record Plant, New York, NY; Record Plant, Sausalito, CA.
Photographers: Lorrie Sullivan; Joe Walsh .
Joe Walsh's catalog by this point was two albums strong and of a consistently high quality. Despite a change of lineup for So What -- a wide range of musicians is used, including the Eagles' Don Henley -- the sound is very similar to previous releases. A number of classic Walsh tracks are featured, including a more polished version of "Turn to Stone," originally featured on his debut album, Barnstorm, in a somewhat more riotous style. "Help Me Thru the Night," Walsh's mellowest song to date, is helped along by some fine lead and backing vocals from the band. So What sees Walsh in top form as a guitarist. Most of the nine tracks feature solos of unquestionable quality in his usual rock style. The classic rock genre that the man so well defined with his earlier albums is present here throughout, and it is pulled off with the usual unparalleled Joe Walsh ability. ~ Ben Davies
Joe WalshOrdinary Average Guy / Songs for a Dying Planet (2-CD)
$13.58 Super Savings
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Special Ed., WS) (DVD)(256)
$10.83 Super Savings
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind: Recorded Live (CD)(24)
$5.97 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 31 ratings.
Based on 31 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$4.31 Super Savings
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Buck Clayton How Hi The Fi (featuring Woody Herman) / Jumpin' At The Woodside (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists For Collectors Only - Rarities, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE