Jackie Coon Softly
11 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.82 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.17 (29% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 1, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Arbors Records
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Jackie Coon (vocals, flugelhorn); Rick Fay (vocals, tenor saxophone); Dan Barrett (vocals, trombone); John Allred (trombone); Johnny Varro (piano); Ed Metz, Jr. (drums).
Recording information: Audio Images, Bradenton, FL (11/20/1995-11/21/1995).
Photographer: Herb Snitzer.
The mellow-toned flugelhornist Jackie Coon is some ways a successor to Bobby Hackett. His style is lyrical; one can always hear the melody in his solos, and he plays quietly. On this CD, he is mostly heard in the best possible setting, leading a quartet also including pianist Johnny Varro, bassist Bob Haggart and drummer Ed Metz Jr. Two songs add the team of trombonist Dan Barrett and tenor saxophonist Rick Fay (all three horn players sing on "Four or Five Times"), and two other tunes find trombonist John Allred making the group a quintet. Mostly though, the focus is on Coon's cool horn. He digs into a variety of swing standards, with the highlights including "You Took Advantage of Me," "Avalon," "Tangerine" and "I Would Do Anything for You." Lightly swinging and subtle music. ~ Scott Yanow
The Club Hangover Broadcasts with Jackie Coon (Live) (2-CD)
$7.82 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE