Junior Mance For Dancers Only
- Released: June 27, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Sackville Records
- 1.Harlem Lullaby - Junior Mance, Mance, Junior
- 2.Girl of My Dreams - Junior Mance, Clapp, Sonny
- 3.Prelude to a Kiss - Junior Mance, Ellington, Duke
- 4.Come on Home - Junior Mance, Silver, Horace
- 5.For Dancers Only - Junior Mance, Oliver, Sy
- 6.Run 'Em Around - Junior Mance, Mance, Junior
- 7.Summertime - Junior Mance, Gershwin, George
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Junior Mance (piano).
Liner Note Author: John Norris.
Recording information: McClear Place, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (07/03/1983).
Photographer: Paul J. Hoeffler.
Pianist Junior Mance is heard in prime form on this set of duets with bassist Martin Rivera. He performs two originals (including "Harlem Lullaby"), "Come On Home," and several swing-era standards with bluesy feeling, soul, and swing. Accessible yet creative music, recommended to a wide audience. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!