- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 5, 2010
- Label: Warner Bros Uk
Record Collector (magazine) - p.784 stars out of 5
-- "[The highlight is] the dramatic, voluptuously orchestral title track..."
Uncut (magazine) - p.833 stars out of 5
-- "[A] tidy album with more than a touch of Japan and Peter Gabriel about it."
- 1.Take On Me
- 2.Train of Thought
- 3.Hunting High and Low
- 4.The Blue Sky
- 5.Living A Boy's Adventure Tale
- 6.The Sun Always Shines On T. V.
- 7.and You Tell Me
- 8.Love Is Reason
- 9.Dream Myself Alive
- 10.Here I Stand and Face The Rain
- 11.Take On Me - Original 7" Version 1984
- 12.The Sun Always Shines On T. V. - Extended Mix
- 13.Train of Thought - U. S. Mix
- 14.Hunting High and Low - Extended Remix
- 15.Take On Me - Demo
- 16.Train of Thought - Demo
- 17.Hunting High and Low - Demo
- 18.The Blue Sky - Demo
- 19.Living A Boy's Adventure Tale - Early Version
- 20.The Sun Always Shines on T. V. - Demo
- 21.and You Tell Me - Demo
- 22.Love Is Reason - Demo
- 23.I Dream Myself Alive - Demo
- 24.Here I Stand and Face The Rain - Demo
- 25.Stop and Make Your Mind Up
- 27.Dot The I
- 28.The Love Goodbye
- 29.Nothing To It
- 30.Go To Sleep
- 31.Monday Mourning
- 32.All The Planes That Come In On The Quiet
- 33.Never Never
- 34.What's That You're Doing To Yourself
- 35.You Have Grown Thoughtful Again
- 36.Lesson One - Autumn 1982 'Take One Me' Demo
- 37.Presenting Lily Mars
A-Ha: Morten Harket (vocals); Pal Waaktaar (guitar); Magne Furuholmen (keyboards).
Additional personnel: Claire Jarvis (oboe).
Producers: Tony Mansfield, Alan Tarney, John Ratcliff.
Personnel: Morten Harket (vocals); Paul Waaktaar-Savoy (guitar); Magne Furuholmen (keyboards).
Audio Remasterers: Dave Schultz; Dan Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Audio Remixers: John Ratcliff; a-ha.
Photographers: Just Loomis; Knut Bry; Jonathan Lennard.
The first album by the Norwegian trio of singer Morten Harket, songwriter Pal Waaktaar and keyboardist Mags will forever be known as the album that contains the intoxicating "Take On Me," one of the most famous and enduring "one-hit wonders" of the '80s. However, HUNTING HIGH AND LOW actually contains a second US Top 40 hit, "The Sun Always Shines On TV." In addition, even after those songs ceased to receive airplay, A-Ha continued a long and successful career in Europe and elsewhere.
Besides the two singles, the album contains the haunting title track, "Living A Boy's Adventure Tale," which comes across as a keyboard-heavy Scandinavian version of early U2, and the quirky "The Blue Sky," an arresting showcase for Harket's piercing falsetto. HUNTING HIGH AND LOW shows that there's much more to A-Ha than their memory in common pop history suggests.