George Thorogood Live in Boston, 1982
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.43 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.55 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by George Thorogood ~ George Thorogood & The Destroyers - 30th Anniverary Tour Live (DVD + CD) ~ $16.52
- by George Thorogood ~ 30th Anniversary Tour: Live ~ $12.58
- by George Thorogood ~ The Hard Stuff ~ $14.39
- by Little Feat ~ Live in Holland 1976 (CD + DVD) ~ $15.71
- Released: July 27, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Rounder / Umgd
Living Blues - p.52"A particularly crowd-pleasing romp through 'Move It On Over' is as excitable as blues-based rock can become without causing heart failure..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.House of Blue Lights
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Kids from Philly
- $0.99 on iTunes3.I'm Wanted
- $0.99 on iTunes4.One Way Ticket
- 5.One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
- $1.29 on iTunes6.As the Years Go Passing By
- $0.99 on iTunes7.It Wasn't Me
- $1.29 on iTunes8.New Boogie Chillun
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Miss Luann
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Can't Stop Lovin'
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Move It on Over
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Wild Weekend
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Nobody But Me
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Recording information: The Bradford Ballroom, Boston, MA (11/23/1982).
Live in Boston features blues rocker George Thorogood recorded on what must have been another sweat-soaked night on November 23, 1982. On these 13 tracks, Thorogood and his Delaware Destroyers, which at this point included Hank Carter on saxophone, were gaining a significant addition to their fan base by opening shows for the Rolling Stones and the J. Geils Band the previous year. They had also just released their first album for EMI, Bad to the Bone, which began to receive plenty of airplay on AOR radio, and the video was in heavy rotation on MTV. Even though they were obviously moving up in the ranks, Thorogood and company were still sweating it out in bars and smaller halls playing with an uncapped energy which finally saw the band getting the recognition they deserved. The 13 cuts recorded that night move seamlessly from one song to the next, tackling fan favorites penned by the likes of John Lee Hooker, Chuck Berry, Elmore James, and Hank Williams, along with two original Thorogood tunes, the instrumental "Kids from Philly," and "Miss Luann." This 1982 set doesn't contain any surprises, just an awfully good time that still sounds fresh, alive and, perhaps most importantly, fun. ~ Al Campbell
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE