- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: September 28, 2010
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Oscilloscope
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: Uncensored French-language version of the Law
- Audio commentary by film critic David Fear
- New English subtitle translation by Lenn Borger
- Alternat ending - "Mariette's Revenge"
- 1958 episode of Cinépanorama from the set of the Law, featuring Jules Dassin, Gina Lollobrigida, Yves Montand, and Melina Mercouri
- 1957 television interview with La Lai novelist Roger Vailland, from French television program Lectures pour tous
- L'ultima asteria (200, dir. Alfredo De Giuseppe), a documentary film about the game "The Law" as played in Southern Italy today
- The Law original theatrical trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Box Office - 06/30/2010
3 stars out of 5 -- "THE LAW is an entertaining 1959 film about schemes and conflicts in a small Mediterranean coastal town....[With] a charismatic group of multinational stars including Gina Lollobrigida, Marcello Mastroianni, Melina Mercouri and Yves Montand, all in peak form."
A.V. Club - 10/27/2010
"[S]killfully executed by everyone involved....THE LAW captures the understated power struggles and potential for sadism in everyday life..."
Sight and Sound - 12/01/2010
"Dassin's film roams around a rocky seaside village rife with petty crime, spiteful infidelity, vendettas, abuse, corruption, you name it."
Marietta (Gina Lollabrigida) is the local fireball in a small but corrupt town. A mobster's son wants her, but she goes after Enrico, a shy engineer (Mastroianni). Passions are inflamed and the town's hypocrisies are revealed before all is over. A black comedy starring two of the biggest stars in Italian films.