The Stranglers Rattus Norvegicus
Only 7 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.44 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.55 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 20, 2001
- Label: Caroline
- 2.Goodbye Toulouse
- 3.London Lady
- 4.Princess Of The Streets
- 5.Hanging Around
- 7.(Get A) Grip On Yourself
- 9.Down In The Sewer
- 10.Choosey Susie (bonus track)
- 11.Go Buddy Go (bonus track)
- 12.Peasant In The Big Shitty (Live) (bonus track)
- 13.Shitty (Live) (bonus track)
Punk rockers the Stranglers have their RATTUS NORVEGICUS album expanded for this reissue, with three additional songs included.
CD contains 3 bonus tracks.
Like the Vibrators, the Stranglers were an older band which managed to gain visibility and success through association with Britain's punk movement. Musically, the group is much more polished than some of their rawer brethren such as the Adverts and Siouxsie and the Banshees. The Stranglers' early work is most properly described as stripped-down pop played with a hardcore sensibility; fairly lengthy songs with frequent solo breaks, prominent keyboard usage, and occasional employment of vocal harmony sets them apart from their peers. But snarling lead singing that puts forth macho/critical/distasteful lyrics predominates here, clearly showing the group's punk affinity. Most of the songs on this album fit the description of hardcore pop to a tee, but there are a few deviations from this model. "Princess of the Streets" is a slow-tempo selection with blueslike echoes. The ambitious "Down in the Sewer" crosses the concept of episodic numbers like the Who's "A Quick One" with early-'60s instrumentals. And the energetic "London Lady" is almost a true punk song -- or at least as close as the band gets to one. While not the equal of their best album, No More Heroes, this release is solid and worthwhile, a rewarding listen. ~ David Cleary
The StranglersFriday the Thirteenth: Live at the Royal Albert Hall
$4.98 on SALE
The Early Years '74-'75-'76: Rare, Live & Unreleased (CD)
$5.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Hunting High and Low [Bonus CD] [Bonus Tracks] (2-CD)
$22.74 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Pat Benatar The Best of Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE