Rod Stewart The Best of Rod Stewart [Mercury]
12 copies available
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 14, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Mercury
Q - 8/02, p.1464 stars out of 5 - "...Packs the classics as Stewart offers you a '70s good time with birds, booze, and, on the aptly titled 'You Wear It Well', a bit of nostalgia."
- 1.Maggie May
- 2.Cut Across Shorty
- 3.Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down, An
- 4.I'm Losing You (I Know)
- 5.Handbags & Gladrags
- 6.It's All Over Now - (single version)
- 7.Street Fighting Man
- 8.Gasoline Alley
- 9.Every Picture Tells A Story
- 10.What's Made Milwaukee Famous (Has Made A Loser Out Of Me) - (UK B-Side Of "Angel")
- 11.Oh! No Not My Baby - (Single Version)
- 12.Jodie - (B-Side Of "Jodie")
- 13.You Wear It Well
- 14.Let Me Be Your Car
- 15.Pinball Wizard (from the rock opera "Tommy")
- 18.Mine For Me
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers: Lou Reizner, Rod Stewart.
Personnel: Rod Stewart (vocals); Michael d'Abo (piano).
Illustrator: John Youssi.
Photographer: Aaron Sixx.
Arrangers: Michael d'Abo; Rod Stewart.
When The Jeff Beck Group broke up, Rod Stewart and Ron Wood joined the Faces. Simultaneously, Rod had been signed as a solo artist and he managed to juggle both careers over the next six years. Stewart became a superstar on the strength of EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY and NEVER A DULL MOMENT. His exemplary execution of non-originals gave him numerous hits including Tim Hardin's "Reason To Believe," The Tempations' "I'm Losing You" and Jimi Hendrix's "Angel." His own classics included the irresistible chart-topping "Maggie May" and "You Wear It Well." The high spots of his 70's output included "Sailing," "The Killing Of Georgie," Cat Stevens' "The First Cut Is The Deepest," "Tonight's The Night" and "You're In My Heart." Other hits included "Hot Legs" and the irresistible number 1, "D'Ya Think I'm Sexy." Behind the jack-the-lad persona was an artist who still had a good ear for a quality song, a talent which surfaced throughout the decade with numbers like Paul Carrack's "How Long" and Robert Palmer's "Some Guys Have All The Luck." His biggest hits of the '80s were "What Am I Gonna Do," "Every Beat Of My Heart" and his best of the decade, "Baby Jane."
THE BEST OF ROD STEWART includes material from Rod Stewart's stint on Mercury Records that lasted from 1969-1974.
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$24.95 on SALE
OLDIES 103FM - The 70's - Tenth Anniversary Ed. (CD)
$6.98 on SALE
Wild Horses-A Rock & Roll Tribute To The Rolling Stones (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Let's Get It On: '70s R&B (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE