Steppenwolf All Time Greatest Hits
Only 4 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 23, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: MCA
- 1.Born to Be Wild
- 2.Magic Carpet Ride
- 3.Sookie, Sookie
- 4.Don't Step on the Grass, Sam
- 5.The Pusher
- 6.Rock Me
- 7.It's Never Too Late
- 8.Jupiter's Child
- 9.Hey Lawdy Mama
- 10.Snowblind Friend
- 11.Move Over
- 13.Who Needs Ya?
- 14.Ride With Me
- 15.For Ladies Only
- 16.Screaming Night Hog
- 17.Monster / Suicide / America: Monster / Suicide / America
- 18.Straight Shootin' Woman
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Steppenwolf: John Kay (vocals, acoustic, electric & slide guitars, harmonica); George Biondo (vocals, bass); Jerry Edmonton (vocals, drums); Michael Monarch, Larry Byrom, Bobby Cochran (guitar, background vocals); Mars Bonfire, Kent Henry (guitar); Goldy McJohn (acoustic & electric pianos, organ, keyboards, background vocals); Rushton Moreve, Nick St. Nicholas (bass, background vocals).
Additional personnel includes: Richard Podolor (sitar); Don Ellis, Charles Black, Sam Falzone, Gil Rathel, John Rosenberg (horns); Clydie King (background vocals).
Producers: Steppenwolf, Richard Podolor, Gabriel Mekler.
Compilation producers: John Kay, Andy McKaie.
Recorded in Los Angeles, California between 1969 and 1973. Includes liner notes by Scott Schinder.
Digitally remastered by Erick Labson (MCA Music Media Studios, North Hollywood, California).
Personnel: John Kay (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, harmonica); Jerry Edmonton (vocals, drums, background vocals); George Biondo (vocals, background vocals); Larry Byrom, Michael Monarch (guitar, background vocals); Kent Henry (guitar); Richard Podolor (sitar); Don Ellis, Gil Rathel, John Rosenberg, Sam Falzone (horns); Gabriel Mekler (piano); Goldy McJohn (electric piano, organ, keyboards, background vocals); Clydie King, Nick St. Nicholas, Rushton Moreve (background vocals).
Recording information: Los Angeles, CA (1967-1973).
Photographer: Tom Gundelfinger.
Steppenwolf may have lent a hand (along with Cream, Jimi Hendrix, and Led Zeppelin) in creating heavy metal, but they definitely single-handedly founded biker rock. Singer/founder John Kay has been the only constant member of the band over the years, but there's no denying the lasting impression their songs have left on rock (their compositions have been covered by such varied acts as Blue Oyster Cult, the Minutemen, and Blind Melon).
1999's ALL TIME GREATEST HITS showcases the band at their best. Their road anthem "Born To Be Wild," the funky "Magic Carpet Ride," the mellow cautionary drug tale "the Pusher," and the straight-ahead "Rock Me" are all here. A fine starting point for newcomers.
Bachman-Turner OverdriveThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$6.74 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 49 ratings.
Based on 49 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)
$12.50 LABOR DAY
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Pat Benatar The Best of Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE