Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: April 24, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Good Time Jazz
JazzTimes - 10/95, p.149"'Good Time' is the label and good time is what these New Orleans-based traditionalists are about..."
- 1.Sing You Sinners
- 2.Snake Rag
- 4.She's Crying for Me
- 5.Hindoo Man
- 6.Big Boy
- 7.That Certain Party
- 8.Dippermouth Blues
- 10.Breezin' Along With the Breeze
- 11.I've Found a New Baby
- 12.Corrine, Corrina
- 13.Since My Best Gal Turned Me Down
- 14.I'm Gonna Meet My Sweetie Now
- 15.Davenport Blues
- 16.When Erastus Plays His Old Kazoo
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Scott Black's Hot Horns includes: Scott Black, Duke Heitger, Tom Ebbert, Tom Fisher, Buck Evans, Tom Sauders, Charlie Fardella.
Recorded in August 1993.
Personnel: Scott Black (vocals, cornet); Tom Saunders (vocals, baritone saxophone, bass saxophone, tuba); Buck Evans (vocals, piano); Thomas Fisher (clarinet, baritone saxophone, bass saxophone); Duke Heitger (trumpet); Thomas Ebbert (trombone); Charlie Fardella (drums).
Recording information: Ultrasonic Studios, New Orleans.LA (08/23/1993-08/25/1993).
Photographers: Bronson Saunders; Ray Avery.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Charlie Fardella; Duke Heitger; Scott Black; Tom Saunders .
Cornetist Scott Black leads a septet (which also includes trumpeter Duke Heitger, trombonist Tom Ebbert, clarinetist Tom Fisher, pianist Buck Evans, Tom Saunders on bass and tuba, and drummer Charlie Fardella) for a variety of good-time standards, performed in a style not that different from Lu Watters's Yerba Buena Band of the 1940s. There are a few tolerable musician vocals, some unique trading off on two bass saxes (played by Fisher and Saunders) and plenty of heated and frequently exciting ensembles. Other than the completely unknown "Hindoo Man," all of the songs had classic recordings cut in the mid-to-late '20s but these new treatments (which hint strongly at New Orleans jazz, Bix Beiderbecke and Chicago jazz in addition to Watters) are fresh and enthusiastic. Dixieland fans are advised to check this CD out. ~ Scott Yanow
Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD)
$9.38 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~
$8.48 Super Savings
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE