- Released: August 12, 1994
- Label: Progressive Records
- 1.I Hear a Rhapsody
- 2.Walkin' the Frog
- 3.How Long Has This Been Going On? [Rosalie]
- 4.All by Myself
- 5.(I Wonder) Where Our Love Has Gone
- 6.Moments Like This [College Swing]
- 7.(I Would Do) Anything for You
- 8.Beautiful Moons Ago
- 9.Blues for Genelle
- 10.Warm Valley
- 11.Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me
- 12.Moon Country (Is Home to Me)
Personnel: Harry Allen (tenor saxophone); Keith Ingham (piano); Oliver Jackson (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Gus P. Statiras; Chip Deffaa.
Recording information: Home Base Studio, New York, NY (06/30/1988).
Photographer: Ken Franklin.
Harry Allen's debut as a leader found the 21-year-old tenor saxophonist already sounding fairly original in the mainstream swing idiom. This CD matches Allen with pianist Keith Ingham (with whom he had never worked previously, but would soon become a frequent collaborator), bassist Major Holley, and drummer Oliver Jackson. Although influenced a bit by his early idol Scott Hamilton, Allen already had a rapidly emerging musical personality of his own. In addition to some swing standards (most notably "I Would Do Anything for You" and "Blues My Naught Sweetie Gives to Me"), Allen also performs such obscurities as Johnny Hodges' "Walkin' the Frog," "Moments Like This" and Nat Cole's "Beautiful Moons Ago." ~ Scott Yanow