- Released: August 12, 1994
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Progressive Records
- 1.Like Someone in Love - Buddy DeFranco, VanHeusen, Jimmy
- 2.Melancholy Stockholm - Buddy DeFranco, DeFranco, Buddy
- 3.Playa del Sol - Buddy DeFranco, DeFranco, Buddy
- 4.Chad's Delight - Buddy DeFranco, Schlabach, Erroll W
- 5.How Long Has This Been Going On? - Buddy DeFranco, Gershwin, George
- 6.Coasting at the Palasades - Buddy DeFranco, Gillis, Jim
- 7.I Loves You, Porgy - Buddy DeFranco, Gershwin, George
- 8.Swinging the Indian - Buddy DeFranco, DeFranco, Buddy
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Buddy DeFranco (clarinet); Derek Smith (piano); Tal Farlow (guitar); George Duvivier (bass); Ronnie Bedford (drums).
Recorded in New York, New York on March 11, 1989. Includes liner notes by Gus P. Statiras.
An all-star quintet comprised of clarinetist Buddy DeFranco, guitarist Tal Farlow, pianist Derek Smith, bassist George Duvivier, and drummer Ronnie Bedford performs two obscure DeFranco originals, Jim Gillis' "Coasting at the Palisades," a couple of Gershwin classics, and the title cut. DeFranco and Farlow made for an appealing team in the mid-'50s when they briefly played together regularly and the old magic (fueled by Derek Smith's fine swing solos) was still present for this excellent 1977 session. ~ Scott Yanow