LL Cool J All World: Greatest Hits
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$4.48 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.50 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 5, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Def Jam
Spin - 1/97, p.89"...From Rick Rubin ghetto blasts to his knockout, jingling Marley Marl resucitation to this year's lounge sexscapades, Todd Smith has kept the L.L. dream alive, with skills...and wondrous self-admiration..."
Entertainment Weekly - 12/20/96, p.76"One of rap's original B-Boys didn't survive on his charm or waggish vocal chops alone. As this relentlessly engaging hits package proves, he deftly segued from snarling boasts to cuddly come-ons, just as his tracks kept improving....An essential hip-hop collection..." - Rating: A
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: LL Cool J, Boyz II Men.
Producers include: Rick Rubin, LL Cool J, Marley Marl, QD III.
Audio Remixer: Tone.
Photographers: Todd Gray; Barron Claiborne; Michel Comte; Albert Watson ; Jesse Frohman; Ricardo Betancourt; Christian Lantry; Glen E. Friedman; Daniel Hastings; Gary Spector; Danny Clinch.
LL Cool J is an unimpeachably important figure in the history of hip-hop. He has weathered all the trends and fashions in the rap world over the last decade. ALL WORLD is a long overdue greatest-hits collection that makes a strong case for LL as one of the most consistent and innovative figures in rap, pre-dating the Death Row crew and eschewing the pimp/gangsta image that has weighed down too many rap albums in the '90s.
The infectious groove of "Rock The Bells" sets the tone, finding LL rocking the mic with an inimitable authority. "I Need Love" changes the pace and shows his emotional range, with lyrics that show a romantic sensitivity uncommon among rappers. "Jingling Baby" and "The Boomin' System" showcase LL doing what he does best, creating a lively party atmosphere with irresistibly funky rhythm tracks. "Mama Said Knock You Out" makes it plain that LL is more than just a party boy, with a fierce, aggressive rap that sounds as fresh as the day it was released. This is an essential document of rap's past and present, and maybe even a hint of its future.
Heavy D & The BoyzThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$4.48 LABOR DAY
Public EnemyThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$4.48 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 60 ratings.
Based on 60 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)
$12.50 LABOR DAY
Top ranking titles in the Urban & Rap genre:
- The Boogie Boys A Fly Girl / You Ain't Fresh (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- M.C. Luscious Boom! I Got Your Boyfriend / Boom! I Got Your Boyfriend (X-Rated) (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Biz Markie Just A Friend (LP Version) / Just A Friend (Instrumental) (45) ~ $8 LABOR DAY
- Adventures Of Stevie V Dirty Cash (Money Talks) / Jealousy (with Rap) (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Best of Luke's Peep Show, Volume 1 (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE