- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 29, 2009
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: New Line Home Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- "Jump To A Nightmare" Scene Selections
- DVD-ROM Features:
- Cast, Crew, Trivia Info, and More
- Trivia Game
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 11/01/1985
"...Clever special effects, a good leading performance and a villain so chatty he practically makes this a human-interest story....Scary, but not without touches of humor..."
Variety - 10/30/1985
"...Well-made....An imaginative series of special effects....Reprising his monster role, Robert Englund is a frightening addition to the horror pantheon..."
Los Angeles Times - 01/17/1986
"...The production shows care and talent..."
A rotting, corpse-like creature returns from the dead, possessing the body of a young man and forcing him to commit unspeakable acts of violence.
Can your nightmares be fatal' In this classic of the horror film genre that launched a movie franchise, a hideously scarred pedophile who was murdered by a lynch mob returns years later in the terrifying nightmares of his killers' teenaged children ... And the dreaming teenagers are starting to die in their sleep.
In this sequel to the box-office smash "A Nightmare on Elm Street," Freddy Krueger's back and still out for revenge. The story unfolds five years later, as Jesse Walsh, a new teen in town, moves into the house that previously belonged to Nancy, the heroine of the first movie.
Jesse remains blissfully unaware of the supernatural presence haunting the house -- until Freddy starts invading his dreams. The undead creature wants to take over Jesse's body and renew his murderous vendetta against the local kids.
In a last, anguished attempt to save his own and his friends' lives, Jesse gathers his pals together to fight Freddy off and destroy him, once and for all.
Demonic Possession |
Theatrical Release |
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Budget estimate $2.2 million.
- Began shooting June 26, 1985.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Censors.