- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 16, 1999
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby 5.1 Surround
- Subtitles in English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 09/16/1996
"...Genuinely engaging moments..."
Los Angeles Times - 09/13/1996
"...The go-for-broke plot twists are daring....Diaz is not just among the sexier women in films, she's a good actress..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 09/13/1996
"...[Baigelman] creates a whimsical, grungy reality....Cameron Diaz is the real discovery here..."
Chaos, violence, and a Cain-and-Abel-like struggle ensue when, on the day of her wedding, a young midwesterner makes the mistake of falling in love with another man--her fiance's brother. An independent romantic comedy.
As punishment for allegedly stealing money from him, Red forces sexy Freddie to marry Sam, his doofus accountant. But right before the ceremony, Freddie meets Sam's estranged, jailbird brother Jjakes -- and it's love at first sight. The pair immediately hightail it to Las Vegas, with Sam, Red, and three cops in hot pursuit. Will the gunfire, arguments, and fistfights that erupt between these losers keep the lovers from finding happiness'
- Released theatrically in the USA September 13, 1996.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Directorial debut for Steven Baigelman.
Additional song performers: Spearhead, Jonny Polonsky, Son Volt
- Copyright 1996 Fine Line Features.