Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 21, 2008
- Originally Released: 1963
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case - Checkpoint, Sensormatic
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.66
- 5.1 DTS Master Audio - English
- Subtitles - Spanish and French
Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary - "The Complete Special Features Library: Mission Dossier" Director Terence Young and Members of the Cast and Crew
Interview - Ian Fleming: The CBC Interview
Trailers - "Ministry of Propaganda" - Original Trailers and TV Spots
- " Ian Fleming and Raymond Chandler"
- "Harry Saltzman: Showman "
- "Ian Fleming on Desert Island Discs"
- "Inside FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE"
- Interactive Tour - "007 Mission Control" Interactive Guide Into the World of FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
- Photo Gallery
- Animated Storyboard Sequence
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 09/01/2000
"...Hard and slick, it's a teasing glimpse of the series' possible future..."
Uncut - 08/01/2000
"[E]nduringly rousing stuff..."
Secret agent James Bond battles the all-enveloping tentacles of an international crime syndicate called SPECTRE. The organization's mad plan for world supremacy unfolds with the icy efficiency of a chessmaster's complex strategy, and if they succeed, the antagonism of the cold war will be pushed from deep-freeze to the supernova of atomic oblivion. But our man Bond dispatches sultry spies, madmen, and double agents with the same coolness he displays while downing martinis and making love to beautiful blondes. In this, the second of the series, Bond travels to Turkey to meet a mysterious Russian woman who claims to have fallen in love with his photograph. She offers him a secret translating device if he will join her, although he does not know that she has been put up to the task by Rosa Klebb, formerly of the KGB, who has gone to work for SPECTRE. It's Bond's assignment to get the girl and the machine back to England--and to do it, of course, in style.
Description by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment:
James Bond (Sean Connery) delivers another blistering, thrill-a-minute caper as he attempts to thwart the enemy from seizing a decoder that can access Russian state secrets. Robert Shaw co-stars.
Based on Ian Fleming's 1951 novel. The suave agent 007 is the object of an international conspiracy to humiliate the West. They use a voluptuous Russian girl to entice him into their trap. Classic fight scene between Connery and Shaw.
Based On A Novel |
Classic Fight Scenes |
Cold War |
James Bond |
Secret Agents |
Theatrical Release |