Santana Sacred Fire: Santana Live in South America
11 copies available
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 1, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: London / Umgd
- 1.Angels All Around Us (Introduction)
- 2.Viva La Vida (Life Is For Living)
- 3.Esperando - (previously unreleased)
- 4.No One To Depend On
- 5.Black Magic Woman / Gypsy Queen
- 6.Oye Como Va
- 7.Samba Pa Ti
- 9.Make Somebody Happy
- 10.Toussaint L'Overture
- 11.Soul Sacrifice / Don't Try This At Home
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Santana: Carlos Santana (vocals, guitar, percussion); Alex Ligertwood, Vorriece Cooper (vocals); Jorge Santana (guitar); Chester Thompson (keyboards, background vocals); Myron Dove (bass, background vocals); Walfredo Reyes (drums, percussion); Raul Rekow (congas, percussion, background vocals); Karl Perazzo (timbales, congas).
Producers: Chester Thompson, Carlos Santana.
Recorded live in Bueno Aires, Argentina; Caracas, Venezuela; Mexico City, Mexico in April, 1993.
Personnel: Carlos Santana (vocals, guitar, percussion, background vocals); Karl Perazzo (vocals, congas, timbales, background vocals); Vorriece Cooper, Alex Ligertwood (vocals, background vocals); Jorge Santana (guitar); Chester Thompson (keyboards, background vocals); Walfredo Reyes (drums, percussion); Raul Rekow (congas, percussion, background vocals); Myron Dove (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Jim Gaines.
Recording information: South America.
Photographer: Paul Freehauf.
Unknown Contributor Role: Craig Silvey.
For their third live album, Santana introduced a new bass player, Myron Dove, and added guitarist Jorge Santana (Carlos Santana's brother), and singer Vorriece Cooper to bring the band up to nine members. Adopting the mantle of Bob Marley, the band played "Esperando," which borrowed Marley's characteristic audience chant. Much of the album is given over to repeating Santana's earliest hits -- "No One to Depend On," "Black Magic Woman," "Soul Sacrifice," -- which should please the band's new record label (it's always good to have versions of the hits in your catalog). ~ William Ruhlmann
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 29 ratings.
Based on 29 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Fugitives On The Run With The Fugitives (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE