Dog Day Afternoon (Special Edition) (Widescreen) (2-DVD)
Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$21 (78% Off)|
- The Making Of Dog Day Afternoon: A 4 Part 30th Anniversary Documentary
- Commentary by Director Sydney Lumet
- Vintage Featurette: Film Maker
- Theatrical Trailer
- Widescreen (Anamorphic)
- Audio: English [CC], French
- Subtitles: Spanish, French
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 4 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 28, 2006
- Originally Released: 1975
- Label: Warner Home Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono 1.0 - English
- Dolby Digital Mono 1.0 - French
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "Lumet: Film Maker"
- Documentary: "The Making of Dog Day Afternoon"
- Audio Commentary: Sidney Lumet - Director
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Al Pacino & John Cazale|
|Performer:||Charles Durning, Carol Kane, James Broderick & Chris Sarandon|
|Directed by||Sidney Lumet|
|Edited by||Dede Allen|
|Screenwriting by||Frank Pierson|
|Art Direction by||Douglas Higgins|
|Produced by||Martin Elfand & Martin Bregman|
|Director of Photography:||Victor J. Kemper|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
4 stars out of 5 -- "Pacino gives one of the performances of his career....Lumet's gritty 1970s landmark remains one of the first mainstream Hollywood films to deal with gay and transsexual characters in a relatively unsensational manner..."
"DOG DAY AFTERNOON swarms with energy, excitement and drama."
"The combination of simmering tension, comedy and pathos is adroitly handled by the director and his excellent cast."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Al Pacino and director Sidney Lumet (collaborators on Serpico) reteam for this boisterous comedy thriller that earned six Academy Award nominations (including Best Picture) and won an Oscar for Frank Pierson's streetwise screenplay. Based on a true incident, Dog Day Afternoon "is one of the big ones, swarming with energy, excitement and drama." (Gene Shalit, Today/NBC-TV).
- Theatrical release: September 21, 1975.
- Filmed on location in New York City.
- In real life, Pacino's character, Sonny Wortzik, was serving a 20-year federal prison sentence while the film was being made.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 135 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 3,957
- UPC: 085393372729
- Shipping Weight: 0.29/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items
Top ranking titles in the Drama genre:
- Spencer's Mountain (DVD) ~ $5.37 on SALE
- Alfred the Great (DVD-R) ~ $17.98 on SALE
- Lighthouse (1947) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Dangerous Babes - 12 Movie Collection (3-DVD) ~ $6.38 on SALE
- Officer O'Brien (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- 3 Pack Action: The Delta Force / Delta Force 2 / Code of Silence (DVD) ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Suspense - Lost Episodes Collection 3 (4-DVD) ~ $6.38 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.