Rush Grace Under Pressure
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 1, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Island / Mercury
- 1.Distant Early Warning
- 3.Red Sector A
- 4.The Enemy Within
- 5.The Body Electric
- 6.Kid Gloves
- 7.Red Lenses
- 8.Between the Wheels
Rush: Geddy Lee (vocals, synthesizer, bass); Alex Lifeson (guitar); Neil Peart (drums, percussion).
Recorded at Le Studio, Quebec, Canada between November 1983 and March 1984.
Personnel: Geddy Lee (vocals, guitar, keyboards, synthesizer, bass guitar); Alex Lifeson (guitar, synthesizer); Jim Burgess, Paul Northfield (synthesizer, programming); Neil Peart (drums, percussion, electronic percussion).
Recording information: Le Studio, Quebec, Canada (11/1983-03/1984).
Unknown Contributor Role: Jon Erickson.
After an extensive search for a producer, Rush struck gold with Peter Henderson. The band shared production duties with him, and completed the album within a few months. The continuous use of synthesizers and keyboards that began on the previous album, SIGNALS, is prominent here. Although Alex Lifeson's guitar always plays a key role, it's obvious the group could not shy away from the advancing technology in rock music in 1984.
The first single, "Distant Early Warning" is an excellent track that exudes a bleakness persistent throughout the record. "Afterimage" continues this dark outlook; the song is about a close friend of the band who dies in a car accident. "The Enemy Within" shows that fear is within us as opposed to being created externally and features the usual technical proficiency of drummer Neal Peart. Album closer "Between The Wheels" is a gloomy number about pressure and showcases Alex Lifeson's creative chord work. Underneath all the dark content in GRACE, there is a theme of hope. The band was considering breaking up at this point, and luckily didn't. The record features the trio's consistently tight musicianship and the keyboards enhance the songs instead of overshadowing them. Another fine record by the Canadian maestros.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 163 ratings.
Based on 163 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Classic Albums: 2112 / Moving Pictures (DVD + Blu-Ray +...
$9.98 on SALE
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$4.48 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Burl Ives The Best of Little Bitty Tear (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - For Lovers Only, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE