The Rolling Stones Still Life (Live)
18 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.38 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.61 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 17, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: UMVD Labels
- 1.Duke EllingtonIntro (Take The A Train)
- 2.Under My Thumb
- 3.Let's Spend The Night Together
- 5.Twenty Flight Rock
- 6.Going To A Go-Go
- 7.Let Me Go
- 8.Time Is On My Side
- 9.Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- 10.Start Me Up
- 11.(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- 12.Jimi HendrixOutro - Star Spangled Banner
The Rolling Stones: Mick Jagger (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Keith Richards, Ron Wood (vocals, guitar); Bill Wyman (bass); Charlie Watts (drums).
Additional personnel: Ernie Watts (saxophone); Ian Stewart (keyboards).
Recorded live in New York, New York in 1981.
Personnel: Mick Jagger (vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboards); Keith Richards (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Ron Wood (vocals, guitar); Bill Wyman (vocals, keyboards, synthesizer); Jimi Hendrix (guitar); Ernie Watts (saxophone); Ian Stewart (piano); Ian McLagan (keyboards); Charlie Watts (drums).
Audio Mixer: Bob Clearmountain.
Audio Remasterers: Stephen Marcussen; Stewart Whitmore.
Recording information: The Record Plant, New York, NY.
Photographers: Ken Regan; Michael Halsband.
Arranger: Jimi Hendrix.
By the early '80s, the Rolling Stones were one of the last remaining groups leftover from the original "British Invasion" two decades prior. One of the main reasons for this was the Stones' ability to keep pace with the musical climate of the time, without losing any of their original blues-sleaze. Their 1982 live set (fourth overall) STILL LIFE, was taken from performances from their hugely successful U.S. tour a year before, when Mick, Keith and company headlined the biggest outdoor stadiums and vast arenas.
Although it lacks the youthful and unpredictable energy of their earlier concert albums (namely 1970's GET YER YA YA'S OUT), STILL LIFE showed that the Stones still had plenty of gas left in their tank 20 years down the road. Highlights include a cover of the Miracles' "Going to a Go Go" (an early MTV favorite), such '60s classics as "Under My Thumb," "Time is on My Side," and "Satisfaction," plus the '70s nugget "Shattered." Surprisingly, no selections from the album they were touring behind at the time, TATTOO YOU, are included.
Wild Horses-A Rock & Roll Tribute To The Rolling Stones (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 43 ratings.
Based on 43 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE