- Released: September 20, 1991
- Label: Delta
- 1.Sleigh Ride
- 2.Yuletide Medley #1: Oh Holy Night / Joy to the World / Oh Little Town of Bethlehem / Deck the Halls
- 3.Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- 4.Silver Bells
- 5.Jingle Bells
- 6.Frosty the Snowman
- 7.Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- 8.Yuletide Medley #2: Oh Christmas Tree / It Came Upon a Midnight Clear / We Three Kings / What Child Is This?
- 9.I'll Be Home for Christmas
- 10.Silent Night
- 11.In the Christmas Mood
Personnel: Glenn Miller (trombone); Lenny Roberts, Jackie Presti, Dave Ragaini, Al Dana, Annette Sanders, Moonlight Serenaders (vocals); Jay Patten (guitar); Lee Lachman (clarinet, alto clarinet, alto saxophone); Mark Vinci (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Frank Perowsky (tenor saxophone); Tim Snelson, Dale Thompson, John Hoffman , Ken Brader (trumpet); Randy Purcell, Eric Culver , Larry O'Brien (trombone); Dennis Good (bass trombone); Donte' Edmonds (piano); Danny D'Imperio (drums).
Liner Note Author: Mort Goode.
Recording information: Nola Recording Studio, New York, NY (05/17/1988-05/24/1988).
Photographer: Steve Breitborde.
Unknown Contributor Role: Frank Perowsky.
Arrangers: Dave Wolpe; John La Barbera.
Recorded by Miller's orchestra after his death, this CD should certainly please fans of the big-band leader. The group continues creating music that really lives up to the tradition of Miller, so much so that you will almost feel like he is still with us. The recordings are great reworkings of many Christmas classics with that wonderful Glenn Miller finesse. Although the second disc in this series, In the Christmas Mood, Vol. 2, is strong, this one is definitely the better of the pair. ~ Gary Hill