- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 50 minutes
- Released: August 31, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Nat'l Geographic Vid
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Glacier National Park Explorer 3D Interactive and Printable Map
By any standard, Montana's Glacier National Park checks in as one of the most spectacular landscapes in the continental United States, with both massive carved-out glaciers and an "ice cycle" that supports ecosystems of over 2000 species of flora and fauna. But this only represents half of a very sad equation; the other is the fact that the park's glaciers are melting meteorically and may vanish within as little as 10 years. In this documentary, National Geographic visits the Continental Divide to examine the collapse of the park's most sizeable ice mountain, and asks probing questions about the reasons for this geological transformation. Supplements include an interactive 3D map and a 'Glacier National Park Explorer' feature.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 116,569
- UPC: 727994754473
- Shipping Weight: 0.16/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item