- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 22, 2011
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 02/23/1990
"...Spencer Tracy is quite good..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Spencer Tracy and a stellar supporting cast grab muskets, gun powder and knives, and head out for adventure in Northwest Passage, a lavish Technicolor retelling of French and Indian War heroics. Based on Kenneth Robert's best-seller, Tracy plays true-life explorer Major Robert Rogers, the intrepid leader of the celebrated Rogers' Rangers fighting force that took on one of the most challenging expeditions in military history.
Real-life pioneer Major Robert Rogers led Rogers' Rangers on missions to open up new territory in colonial America. Along the way a couple of greenhorns come of age through the hardships and frustrations under the stoic taskmaster.
- Theatrical release: February 23, 1940.
- Shooting location: McCall, Idaho.
- Estimated budget: $2,000,000--at that time, an enormous sum.