Elvis Presley An Afternoon In the Garden (Live)
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Elvis Presley ~ Aloha From Hawaii ~ $7.19
- by Elvis Presley ~ Elvis: As Recorded At Madison Square Garden (2-LPs - 180GV) ~ $19.95 (Save 31%)
- by Elvis Presley ~ Elvis at Stax [Deluxe Edition] (3-CD) ~ $30.02
- by Elvis Presley ~ Elvis In Concert ~ $6.02
- by Elvis Presley ~ Elvis Recorded Live on Stage in Memphis [Legacy Edition] (2-CD) ~ $13.57
- Released: March 25, 1997
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra [Theme From 2001: a Space Odyssey]
- 2.That's All Right
- 3.Proud Mary
- 4.Never Been To Spain
- 5.You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- 6.Until It's Time For You To Go
- 7.You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- 8.Polk Salad Annie
- 9.Love Me
- 10.All Shook Up
- 11.Heartbreak Hotel
- 12.(Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel
- 13.Love Me Tender
- 14.Blue Suede Shoes
- 15.Reconsider Baby
- 16.Hound Dog
- 17.I'll Remember You
- 18.Suspicious Minds
- 19.Introductions By Elvis
- 20.For the Good Times
- 21.An American Trilogy
- 22.Funny How Time Slips Away
- 23.I Can't Stop Loving You
- 24.Can't Help Falling In Love
AN AFTERNOON IN THE GARDEN features the entirety of Elvis' afternoon performance on June 10, 1972 at Madison Square Garden, in the middle of a three-day stand that marked his first-ever concerts in New York City. The evening show from June 10 was released in 1972 as ELVIS AS RECORDED AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN.
Personnel includes: Elvis Presley, Kathy Westmoreland, The Sweet Inspirations, J.D. Sumner & The Stamps (vocals); Charlie Hodge (guitar, vocals); James Burton, John Wilkinson (guitar); Glen D. Hardin (piano); Jerry Scheff (bass).
Producers: Ernst Mikael Jorgensen, Roger Semon.
Recorded live at Madison Square Garden, New York, New York on June 10, 1972. Includes liner notes by Colin Escott.
Personnel: Charlie Hodge (vocals, guitar); J.D. Sumner, Kathy Westmoreland, The Stamps, The Sweet Inspirations (vocals); John Wilkinson, James Burton (guitar); Glen D. Hardin (piano).
Audio Mixer: Dennis Ferrante.
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
Recording information: Madison Square Garden (06/10/1972).
Photographers: Steve Barile; Joseph A. Tunzi; Jim Morris .
In June 1972, Elvis Presley returned to New York City for his first performances there since an Ed Sullivan Show appearance in late 1956. His shows at Madison Square Garden were, in fact, his first full concerts in New York: During previous visits to the Big Apple, Presley had only performed a few numbers in television studios. Accordingly, Presley's four shows at Madison Square Garden were the subject of mammoth hype, with a live album to be released one week after the stint ended.
That album, ELVIS AS RECORDED AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, was recorded during the evening show on Saturday, June 10. Earlier that day Presley performed a matinee, which RCA also recorded; that show was not released until 1997, as AN AFTERNOON AT THE GARDEN (although three songs from this performance appear on ELVIS-A LEGENDARY PERFORMER VOL. 4). The matinee, like the evening show, features a mix of Elvis hits and songs first popularized by other artists, such as "For the Good Times" (Ray Price, Kris Kristofferson) and "Proud Mary" (Creedence Clearwater Revival). In fact, the lineup of songs on the two albums is nearly identical: the performances vary only slightly.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,982
- UPC: 886977097126
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)