Only 5 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$11.65 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.33 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 30, 2003
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Ume Imports
- 1.Brand New Heartache - (studio)
- 2.Tonight The Bottle Let Me Down - (studio)
- 3.Sing Me Back Home - (studio)
- 4.Your Angel Steps Out Of Heaven - (studio)
- 5.Crazy Arms - (studio)
- 6.Sleepless Nights - (studio)
- 7.Close Up The Honky Tonks - (studio)
- 8.Together Again - (studio)
- 9.Honky Tonk Women - (studio)
- 10.Green, Green Grass Of Home - (studio)
- 11.Dim Lights - (studio)
- 12.Angels Rejoiced Last Night - (studio)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
SLEEPLESS NIGHTS brings together 12 tracks from former Flying Burrito Brothers member Gram Parsons.
The Flying Burrito Brothers/Gram Parsons: Gram Parsons (vocals, guitar, mandolin).
Personnel: Chris Hillman, Herb Pedersen, Bernie Leadon (vocals, guitar); Emmylou Harris (vocals); James Burton (guitar); Al Perkins (steel guitar, drums); Byron Berline (violin); Glen D. Hardin (piano, keyboards); Michael Clarke , Ron Tutt (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Emmylou Harris; Bud Scoppa.
Photographer: Jim McCrary.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Chris Hillman; Michael Clarke ; Sneaky Pete Kleinow; Bernie Leadon.
Three years after Gram Parsons' untimely death, his frequent duet partner Emmylou Harris helped arrange for the release of this collection of outtakes -- three songs he cut with Harris for his final solo album Grievous Angel in 1973, and nine others recorded live in the studio with The Flying Burrito Brothers in 1970. Anyone hoping to find the great lost Gram Parsons song is out of luck here; all 12 tunes are covers of vintage country classics, except for "Honky Tonk Women" (which at least sounds like a C&W classic in this arrangement) and The Louvin Brothers' "The Angels Rejoiced Last Night," which is as spiritually uplifting as ever with Harris' pure, clear voice helping to bring it home. The three tracks with his duet partner fare best, while most of the cuts with the Burritos sound like demos, and though a few are inspired (particularly the deeply felt versions of "Sing Me Back Home" and "Green, Green Grass of Home," a lot of the time both Parsons and the band sound like a solid bar band in the middle of a Wednesday night set -- more than competent, but less than inspired. Sleepless Nights was certainly a labor of love and it's a worthy purchase for committed fans, but neophytes are better off giving a listen to The Flying Burrito Brothers' masterpiece The Gilded Palace of Sin, or either solo album, G.P. or Grievous Angel. ~ Mark Deming
Gram ParsonsAnother Side Of This Life: The Lost Recordings Of 1965-1966
The Flying Burrito BrothersThe Flying Burrito Bros./Last of the Red Hot Burritos
Charlie LouvinHickory Wind : Live at the Gram Parsons Guitar Pull,...
The Flying Burrito BrothersHot Burritos! The Flying Burrito Brothers Anthology...
$8.84 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE