LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1.39 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 30, 2003
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Ume Imports
- 1.Brand New Heartache - (studio)
- 2.Tonight The Bottle Let Me Down - (studio)
- 3.Sing Me Back Home - (studio)
- 4.Your Angel Steps Out Of Heaven - (studio)
- 5.Crazy Arms - (studio)
- 6.Sleepless Nights - (studio)
- 7.Close Up The Honky Tonks - (studio)
- 8.Together Again - (studio)
- 9.Honky Tonk Women - (studio)
- 10.Green, Green Grass Of Home - (studio)
- 11.Dim Lights - (studio)
- 12.Angels Rejoiced Last Night - (studio)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
SLEEPLESS NIGHTS brings together 12 tracks from former Flying Burrito Brothers member Gram Parsons.
The Flying Burrito Brothers/Gram Parsons: Gram Parsons (vocals, guitar, mandolin).
Personnel: Chris Hillman, Herb Pedersen, Bernie Leadon (vocals, guitar); Emmylou Harris (vocals); James Burton (guitar); Al Perkins (steel guitar, drums); Byron Berline (violin); Glen D. Hardin (piano, keyboards); Michael Clarke , Ron Tutt (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Emmylou Harris; Bud Scoppa.
Photographer: Jim McCrary.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Chris Hillman; Michael Clarke ; Sneaky Pete Kleinow; Bernie Leadon.
Three years after Gram Parsons' untimely death, his frequent duet partner Emmylou Harris helped arrange for the release of this collection of outtakes -- three songs he cut with Harris for his final solo album Grievous Angel in 1973, and nine others recorded live in the studio with The Flying Burrito Brothers in 1970. Anyone hoping to find the great lost Gram Parsons song is out of luck here; all 12 tunes are covers of vintage country classics, except for "Honky Tonk Women" (which at least sounds like a C&W classic in this arrangement) and The Louvin Brothers' "The Angels Rejoiced Last Night," which is as spiritually uplifting as ever with Harris' pure, clear voice helping to bring it home. The three tracks with his duet partner fare best, while most of the cuts with the Burritos sound like demos, and though a few are inspired (particularly the deeply felt versions of "Sing Me Back Home" and "Green, Green Grass of Home," a lot of the time both Parsons and the band sound like a solid bar band in the middle of a Wednesday night set -- more than competent, but less than inspired. Sleepless Nights was certainly a labor of love and it's a worthy purchase for committed fans, but neophytes are better off giving a listen to The Flying Burrito Brothers' masterpiece The Gilded Palace of Sin, or either solo album, G.P. or Grievous Angel. ~ Mark Deming
Charlie LouvinHickory Wind : Live at the Gram Parsons Guitar Pull,...
The Flying Burrito BrothersHot Burritos! The Flying Burrito Brothers Anthology...
$9.03 Super Savings
The International Submarine BandTruck Driving Man / The Russians Are Coming! The Russians...
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD)(5)
$1.98 on SALE
But What Will The Neighbors Think / Rodney Crowell (CD)(9)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE