- Audio Commentary by Noted Elvis Historian Jerry Schilling
- Featurettes: Elvis Hits Hollywood, The Colonel & The King and Love Me Tender: The Birth & Boom Of The Elvis Hit
- Exclusive Photo Gallery & More!
- Language: English (Stereo, Mono) & Spanish (Mono)
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Widescreen Presentation
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: February 28, 2006
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Mono - English, Spanish
- Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary
- Trailers: Elvis Presley Film Previews
- "Love Me Tender: The Birth and Boom of the Elvis Hit"
- "Elvis Hits Hollywood"
- "The King and the Colonel"
- Galleries: Lobby Cards
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Moviegoers were introduced to Elvis Presley in this film set during the dying hours of the Civil War. Elvis sings four songs, including the title song.
The year is 1865, and the three Confederate Reno brothers don't know the war has ended. They manage to steal a Union Army payroll, and head for home with the money. While Vance (Richard Egan) can think only of the love of his life, Cathy (Debra Paget), it turns out that the brothers have been reported dead, and Cathy has married their youngest brother Clint (Elvis Presley). Vance accepts this until he learns that Cathy still loves him. To complicate things, the U.S. Army knows of the brothers' theft and is hunting them down.
Elvis Presley made the transition from vinyl to celluloid in this tragic western. Because of his "tender" age, Texas farm hand Clint was spared participation in the American Civil War. His older brother, Vance, wasn't so lucky, and he went off to battle, leaving behind his sweetheart, Cathy. Later, Cathy hears a report that Vance has been killed. Clint consoles her, and ultimately asks for her hand in marriage. Cathy accepts. The newlyweds then learn that news of Vance's fatality was erroneous. Vance, who in war took part in the theft of some government funds, returns and is dismayed by Clint and Cathy's union. Both brothers eventually discover that the firm ties of family can be tested, if not cut, by the raging emotions of love.
Elvis made his film debut in this Civil War western about two brothers in love with the same woman. Featured are four Presley favorites, including the title song.
Civil War |
Elvis Presley |
Love Triangle |
Love Triangles |
Musical Sequences |
- Elvis Presley made his screen debut in "Love Me Tender."
- Additional cast: Russ Conway (Ed Galt) and Jerry Sheldon (Train conductor).
- Shot in CinemaScope.
- Songs include: "Love Me Tender."