Sam Cooke The Rhythm and the Blues
Only 8 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 24, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Get Yourself Another Fool
- 2.Driftin' Blues
- 3.Fool's Paradise
- 4.Smoke Rings
- 5.Baby Won't You Please Come Home
- 6.Please Don't Drive Me Away
- 7.Nothing Can Change This Love
- 8.But Not For Me
- 9.Don't Get Around Much Any More
- 10.Trouble In Mind
- 11.Little Girl Blue
- 12.I Lost Everything
- 13.Chains of Love
- 14.Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out
- 15.Since I Met You Baby
- 16.Cry Me a River
- 17.Trouble Blues
- 18.Little Red Rooster
- 19.Out In the Cold Again
- 20.One More Time
Personnel includes: Sam Cooke (vocals); Horace Ott, Sammy Lowe (conductors); Rene Hall (conductor, guitar); Clifton "Clif" White, Barney Kessel (guitar); Raymond Johnson (piano); Billy Preston (organ); Clifford Hils (bass); Edward
"Sharky" Hall, Hal Blaine (drums).
Compilation producer: Paul Williams.
Recorded between May 19, 1961 and February 25, 1963. Includes liner notes by Cliff White.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
It has been said that Sam Cooke never sang a false note. Though the statement is probably only popular myth, there is no evidence of misstep on any recording he left behind. THE RHYTHM AND THE BLUES collects many of the singer's lesser known forays in the smooth, dark hues of R&B. Fans of Cooke's gospel beginnings or his pop breakthroughs will undoubtedly treasure this collection of late night crooners. Whatever he sang, Cooke's execution was one of smooth control, masterful diction and immaculate phrasing.
The seductive "Fool's Paradise," "Please Don't Drive Me Away," and "Baby Won't You Please Come Home" illuminate the fact that Cooke's skills as an interpreter were equal to his own songwriting prowess. Culling tracks from various blues albums Cooke recorded in the early '60s, this collection benefits greatly from careful mastering. By muting the whitewashed string sections that often marred his albums, Cooke's mellifluous voice is allowed the slip through without competition.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,319
- UPC: 886976961824
- Shipping Weight: 0.21/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
One Night Stand: Live At The Harlem Square Club, 1963 (CD)(31)
The Complete Solo Singles, As & Bs, 1957-62 (2-CD)
$14.22 Super Savings
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~ $12.98 on SALE
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow: Songs from the Heart of the Church (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- ? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD) ~ $11.03 on SALE
- 101 Strings God Bless America (CD) ~ $7.18 on SALE
The Very Best of 10cc [Import] (CD)
$16.04 Super Savings