- Released: October 20, 2009
- Label: Motown
Entertainment Weekly - p.60
"[Certain songs] succeed in reimagining the late master's work in a way that actually merits multiple listens." -- Grade: B-
- 1.Skywriter [Stargate Remix]
- 2.Never Can Say Goodbye [the Neptunes Remix]
- 3.I Wanna Be Where You Are [Dallas Austin Remix]
- 4.Dancing Machine [Polow Remix]
- 5.ABC [Salaam Remi Remix]
- 6.Forever Came Today [Frankie Knuckles Late Night Antics Remix]
- 7.Dancing Machine [Steve Aoki Remix]
- 8.Hum Along & Dance [David Morales Remix]
- 9.Ain't No Sunshine [Benny Blanco Remix]
- 10.Maria (You Were the Only One) [Emile Haynie Remix]
- 11.Maybe Tomorrow [Sturken & Rogers Remix]
- 12.Ben [Akon Konvict Remix]
Personnel: Benny Blanco (guitar, keyboards, drums, programming); Michael Roth , Mel Davis , Claire Chan, Maxim Moston, Paul Woodiel, Sean Carney (violin); Christopher Cardona, David Creswell (viola); Claire Bryant, Anja Wood (cello); Vincent Henry (saxophone); Salaam Remi (organ); Troy "Drum Rat" Auxilly Wilson (drums); Cory Nitta, Carl Sturken (programming).
Audio Mixers: Samuel Vaughan; Phil Tan; Fabian Marasciullo.
Audio Remixers: Dallas Austin; David Morales ; Emile Haynie; Steve Aoki; The Neptunes.
Two months after the death of pop icon Michael Jackson, and still fresh from a spate of memorials and celebrations to his genius, Universal Motown began releasing a series of download "suites" (remixed versions of classic MJ and Jackson 5 tunes) via iTunes, each suite revealed two weeks apart, a total of four suites in all. The complete installments appear here in album form as MICHAEL JACKSON: THE REMIX SUITES, and while the majority of the material here won't add anything to the Jackson legacy, a few surprises come by way of Salaam Remi's reggae-style excursion on "ABC" and Dimitri from Paris' Philly disco refix of "I Want You Back."