Nine Inch Nails Broken
Only 6 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$3.99 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2 (33% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 15, 1992
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Nothing
Spin - 12/92, p.94Highly Recommended - "...If The Who had decided to go industrial, BROKEN is probably what it would have sounded like, based on the slamming energy that Nine Inch Nails exudes..."
Q - 12/92, p.1303 Stars - Good - "...along with Ministry's recent PSALM 69, this can be considered some sort of landmark in the bleak wastes of industrial metal....the mastery of dynamics is never less than compelling. Cult status guaranteed..."
Alternative Press - 11/92, p.51"...the deranged and screaming guitar chords are so clear, precise, and real, that one can actually feel each individual string vibrating....a strong and welcome follow-up to an exciting debut..."
Option - 1-2/93, p.105"...displays the dynamics and fierce melodicism that made PRETTY HATE MACHINE so huge....[Reznor's] success has not made him a happy camper..."
Musician - 11/92, p.101"...Louder and busier [than PRETTY HATE MACHINE], BROKEN recasts techno-gloom as a grand symphony....Big noise rains down in sheets, with grinding guitars and mangled synths boosted beyond distortion levels...a swell funhouse ride..."
Village Voice (3/2/93, p.5) - Ranked #3 on the EPs list of the Village Voice's 1992 Pazz & Jop Critics Poll.
NME (Magazine) - 10/10/92, p.397 - Good - "...an incredibly aggressive but still quite electric musical approach....BROKEN shows all the signs that Trent Reznor has shaken off the shackles of influences and found his own suitably idiosyncratic niche..."
- 4.Help Me I Am In Hell
- 5.Happiness In Slavery
- 6.Gave Up
Nine Inch Nails: Trent Reznor (vocals, various instruments).
Additional personnel: Martin Atkins, Chris Vrenna (drums), Maise (background vocals).
Having caught the public's attention with his catchy, chart- topping PRETTY HATE MACHINE, Trent Reznor was free to experiment with music less accessible to the mainstream. While his more fickle fans were disappointed with BROKEN, the faithful heard in it Reznor's true genius. Dark and edgy, BROKEN cuts the silence like a dirty knife--no singalong anthems here. Only hard-hitting rhythms and no-holds-barred metal riffs flavor this sophomore effort.
In BROKEN one can hear the artist maturing and simplifying his craft; Reznor succeeds here without relying on the trappings of pop formulas. The product of a burst of creative energy, BROKEN spawned a companion release of remixes, titled FIXED. From the tight, rapid-fire succession of chords that begins "Pinion" to the beautiful and dreamy jingling guitar of "Help Me I Am in Hell," BROKEN proved that Reznor was to remain a force in the alternative music scene.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 245 ratings.
Based on 245 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Freddy Cannon Have A Boom Boom Christmas!! (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists The Best of Christmas: 25 Original Hits by the Original Artists (Disc 3) (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE