Blood, Sweat & Tears Child Is Father to the Man
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 5, 2000
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Q - 1/01, p.1223 out of 5 stars - "...Genre-busting....Using scalpel-sharp brass and strings, Al Kooper made no bones about trying to shift rock up the cultural ladder and almost succeeded on 'My Days Are Numbered' and 'I Can't Quit Her'..."
- 2.I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
- 3.Morning Glory
- 4.My Days Are Numbered
- 5.Without Her
- 6.Just One Smile
- 7.I Can't Quit Her
- 8.Meagan's Gypsy Eyes
- 9.Somethin' Goin' On
- 10.House In The Country
- 11.The Modern Adventures Of Plato, Diogenes And Freud
- 12.So Much Love/Underture (Bonus Track)
- 13.Refugee From Yuhupitz (Bonus Track)
- 14.I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know (Bonus Track)
- 15.The Modern Adventures Of Plato, Diogenes And Freud (Bonus Track)
Blood, Sweat & Tears: Steve Katz (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, lute); Al Kooper (vocals, piano, organ, ondioline); Bobby Colomby (vocals, drums, percussion); Fred Lipsius (alto saxophone, piano); Jerry Weiss, Randy Brecker (trumpet, flugelhorn); Dick Halligan (trombone); Jim Fielder (bass).
Additional personnel: Ztak Evets (guitar); Gene Orloff, Leon Kruczek, Paul Gershman, Harry Lookofsky, Julie Held, Manny Green, Anahid Ajemian, Harry Katzman (violin); Manny Vardi, Harold Colletta (viola); Charles McCracken, Alan Schulman (cello); John Simon (piano, organ); Doug James (shaker); Valerie Simpson, Melba Moorman, Leslie Gurgle (background vocals).
Includes liner notes by Al Kooper.
Anyone who only knows BS&T from their early-'70s incarnation as a middle-of-the-road hit machine needs to hear this 1968 album. It's a masterpiece, the best thing the multi-talented Al Kooper has ever done, including his work with the Blues Project and the Rolling Stones, and that famous organ on Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone." Kooper aimed for a band that could do it all, and for an album that would combine the best elements of rock, jazz, folk, classical, soul, R&B, and anything else he could think of, into one powerfully eclectic whole.
Astonishingly, he achieved both ends, and it's one of rock's great missed opportunities that internal dissension within the band led to Kooper's dismissal. Fortunately, this document remains, and decades later Kooper's originals such as "I Can't Quit Her" and "House in the Country," and his innovative arrangements of songs by Tim Buckley, Harry Nilsson, and Randy Newman, still sound as impressive and forward-thinking as ever.
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 6 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 11 ~ $1.98 on SALE