Blood, Sweat & Tears Child Is Father to the Man
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 5, 2000
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Q - 1/01, p.1223 out of 5 stars - "...Genre-busting....Using scalpel-sharp brass and strings, Al Kooper made no bones about trying to shift rock up the cultural ladder and almost succeeded on 'My Days Are Numbered' and 'I Can't Quit Her'..."
- 2.I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
- 3.Morning Glory
- 4.My Days Are Numbered
- 5.Without Her
- 6.Just One Smile
- 7.I Can't Quit Her
- 8.Meagan's Gypsy Eyes
- 9.Somethin' Goin' On
- 10.House In The Country
- 11.The Modern Adventures Of Plato, Diogenes And Freud
- 12.So Much Love/Underture (Bonus Track)
- 13.Refugee From Yuhupitz (Bonus Track)
- 14.I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know (Bonus Track)
- 15.The Modern Adventures Of Plato, Diogenes And Freud (Bonus Track)
Blood, Sweat & Tears: Steve Katz (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, lute); Al Kooper (vocals, piano, organ, ondioline); Bobby Colomby (vocals, drums, percussion); Fred Lipsius (alto saxophone, piano); Jerry Weiss, Randy Brecker (trumpet, flugelhorn); Dick Halligan (trombone); Jim Fielder (bass).
Additional personnel: Ztak Evets (guitar); Gene Orloff, Leon Kruczek, Paul Gershman, Harry Lookofsky, Julie Held, Manny Green, Anahid Ajemian, Harry Katzman (violin); Manny Vardi, Harold Colletta (viola); Charles McCracken, Alan Schulman (cello); John Simon (piano, organ); Doug James (shaker); Valerie Simpson, Melba Moorman, Leslie Gurgle (background vocals).
Includes liner notes by Al Kooper.
Anyone who only knows BS&T from their early-'70s incarnation as a middle-of-the-road hit machine needs to hear this 1968 album. It's a masterpiece, the best thing the multi-talented Al Kooper has ever done, including his work with the Blues Project and the Rolling Stones, and that famous organ on Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone." Kooper aimed for a band that could do it all, and for an album that would combine the best elements of rock, jazz, folk, classical, soul, R&B, and anything else he could think of, into one powerfully eclectic whole.
Astonishingly, he achieved both ends, and it's one of rock's great missed opportunities that internal dissension within the band led to Kooper's dismissal. Fortunately, this document remains, and decades later Kooper's originals such as "I Can't Quit Her" and "House in the Country," and his innovative arrangements of songs by Tim Buckley, Harry Nilsson, and Randy Newman, still sound as impressive and forward-thinking as ever.
Rockin' in the USA: 22 Original Rare Television Recordings (DVD)
$4.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 7,949
- UPC: 886976920722
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 38 Special Rockin' Into The Night (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Special Forces (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Strength In Numbers (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Tour De Force (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Rock & Pop: Psychedelic Music Categories:
? and The Mysterians The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD) ~
$11.65 Super Savings
? and The Mysterians More Action (2-CD) ~
$17.58 Super Savings
- 13th Floor Elevators The Albums Collection (All Four Original International Artists Albums Remastered) (4-CD) ~ $24.28
- 13th Floor Elevators Bull Of The Woods (Snapper UK) (2-CD) ~ $16.18
- 13th Floor Elevators Easter Everywhere (2-CD) ~ $16.18