- Released: September 16, 2003
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Here Comes Santa Claus
- 2.Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- 3.If It Doesn't Snow on Christmas Day
- 4.When Santa Claus Gets Your Letter
- 5.The Night Before Christmas Song
- 6.Frosty the Snowman
- 7.'Round 'Round the Christmas Tree
- 8.Santa, Santa, Santa
- 9.Where Did My Snowman Go?
- 10.Look Out the Window
- 11.You Can See Old Santa Claus (When You Find Him in Your Heart)
- 12.Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
- 13.Sleigh Bells
- 14.Everyone's a Child at Christmas
- 15.Merry Christmas Waltz
- 16.Jingle Bells
Personnel includes: Gene Autry, Rosemary Clooney, Mitchell Choirboys, Cass County Boys, King Sisters, The Pinafores.
Compilation producer: Didier C. Deutsch.
Recorded between 1947 and 1956.
Includes liner notes by Didier C. Deutsch.
Following on from an excellent Gene Autry Christmas collection on Columbia from ten years earlier, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Other Christmas Classics adds two tracks to that disc's 16 and furnishes a remastering that makes these tracks sound better than ever. Though Autry's known best in a holiday context for the title song, he recorded many more splendid songs during the period, all of them evincing his superb Hollywood swing. Autry's other additions to the repertoire of Christmas classics landed in 1950 ("Frosty the Snowman," then a new song) and 1952 ("The Night Before Christmas Song"). Since country & western audiences were notoriously sensitive, he stayed away from sacred classics, making this collection much more exciting and fun than the usual. Aside from the above, highlights include "He's a Chubby Little Fellow," "Here Comes Santa Claus," and his update of an earlier hit, "The Night Before Christmas (In Texas, That Is)." ~ John Bush