Ed Ames The Very Best of Ed Ames [RCA]
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 7, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.My Cup Runneth Over
- 2.Try To Remember
- 3.All My Love's Laughter
- 4.Time, Time (Tu As Beau Sourire)
- 5.They Call The Wind Maria
- 6.Thing Called Love
- 7.Who Will Answer? (Aleluya No.1)
- 9.Son Of A Travelin' Man
- 10.Kiss Her For Now
- 11.There's A Kind Of Hush (All Over The World)
- 12.Changing, Changing
- 13.Leave Them A Flower
- 14.When The Snow Is On The Roses
Additional personnel includes: Perry Botkin, Jr., Al Capps, Artie Butler, Jimmie Haskell (arranger, conductor); Claus Ogerman (conductor).
Compilation producer: Paul Williams.
Includes liner notes by Joseph F. Laredeo.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
This is part of RCA's "100th ANNIVERSARY" series.
The Very Best of Ed Ames might seem like a skimpy anthology with only 14 tracks, but it is an excellent distillation of this classic pop singer's solo recordings. Ames, having come from the barbershop-style Ames Brothers quartet, offered pop standards, continental pop, show tunes, and adult contemporary music on his solo albums, but his hits were mostly in a contemporary vein. The Very Best of Ed Ames covers most of Ames' big hits and concentrates on broadly appealing material like "My Cup Runneth Over" and the antiwar song "Who Will Answer?" Ames' foray into country music yielded a winner with his version of Jerry Reed's "A Thing Called Love," and a few of the cuts here are in a similar country-pop style. After the success of "Who Will Answer?," Ames attempted other message-oriented songs, like Wally Whyton's "Leave Them a Flower," to which he was not well suited; it would have been better if that track had been omitted in favor of one of his other big easy listening hits like "Timeless Love." Aside from that minor quibble, The Very Best of Ed Ames offers a fine retrospective of the mightiest baritone in pop music. [RCA released this collection only a year after the Taragon label licensed many of the same recordings for a 20-track Ed Ames anthology with the exact same title.] ~ Greg Adams
Pat BooneThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$5.39 Super Savings
Who Will Answer? / My Cup Runneth Over - A Golden Classics... (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 41 ratings.
Based on 41 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,573
- UPC: 886976914226
- Shipping Weight: 0.18/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
Pop Vocal: Classic Music Categories:
Edie Adams There's So Much More (CD) ~
$9.36 Super Savings
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
The Ames Brothers The Ames Brothers Sing the Best of the Bands (CD) ~
$9.37 Super Savings
- The Ames Brothers Hello Italy! / Knees Up! Mother Brown (And Other Funny Songs) (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
The Ames Brothers They, They, They Are the Ones (2-CD) ~
$15.75 Super Savings