Susannah McCorkle How Do You Keep The Music Playing?
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: February 22, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Jazz Alliance
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Susannah McCorkle (vocals); Al Cohn (tenor saxophone); Gene Bertoncini (guitar); Ben Aronov (piano); Steve LaSpina (bass); Joe Cocuzzo (drums).
Recorded at Delta Recording Studios, New York, New York on June 1985.
Includes liner notes by R. Nicholson.
Personnel: Susannah McCorkle (vocals); Gene Bertoncini (guitar); Al Cohn (tenor saxophone); Benny Aronov (piano); Joe Cocuzzo (drums).
Recording information: Delta Recordings Studio, New Yo (06/1995).
Director: Alexis Davis.
Susannah McCorkle's second Pausa album is highlighted by a remarkable version of "There's No Business Like Show Business." Usually performed in razzle-dazzle style, the song is drastically slowed down and treated as a dramatic ballad by McCorkle, and she shows that the words are actually quite touching. Also on the diverse set are the singer's fresh interpretations of such tunes as "A Fine Romance," "Where or When," "Cheek to Cheek," "Slap That Bass," and even a tolerable rendition of "By the Time I Get to Phoenix." Backed by the Ben Aronov trio and on a few numbers joined by either tenor saxophonist Al Cohn or guitarist Gene Bertoncini, Susannah McCorkle is in such fine form that one truly regrets that her first seven American albums (four on Inner City and three on Pausa) have yet to appear on CD. ~ Scott Yanow
Someone to Watch Over Me: The Songs of George Gershwin (CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
Let's Face The Music: The Songs of Irving Berlin (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE