Susannah McCorkle The People That You Never Get To Love
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Susannah McCorkle ~ How Do You Keep The Music Playing? ~ $17.08
- by Susannah McCorkle ~ I'll Take Romance ~ $9.88
- by Susannah McCorkle ~ Someone to Watch Over Me: The Songs of George Gershwin ~ $10.56
- by Susannah McCorkle ~ The Songs of Johnny Mercer ~ $10.56
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: July 22, 1997
- Label: Jazz Alliance
- 1.No More Blues
- 2.Bye Bye Country Boy
- 3.Rain Sometimes
- 4.The Lady's in Love with You
- 5.I Have the Feeling I've Been Here Before
- 6.I Won't Dance
- 7.The Hungry Years
- 8.The People That You Never Get to Love
- 9.The Call of the City
- 10.Alone Too Long
- 12.I've Grown Accustomed to His Face
- 13.The Feeling of Jazz
- 14.I'm Pullin' Through
Personnel: Susannah McCorkle (vocals); Keith Ingham (piano); Al Gafa (guitar); Steve LaSpina (bass); Joe Cocuzzo (drums).
Recorded at Delta Studio, New York, New York on November 16 and November 18, 1981. Includes liner notes by George Simon and Irv Kratka.
Personnel: Susannah McCorkle (vocals); Alexander Gafa (guitar); Keith Ingram (piano); Joe Cocuzzo (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Irv Kratka; George Simon.
Recording information: Delta Studio, NY (11/16/1981-11/??/1981).
As confirmed by the reception of albums such as NO MORE BLUES in 1988 and I'LL TAKE ROMANCE in 1990, Susannah McCorkle is recognized as one of the most adept performers in contemporary vocal jazz. As with her other work, THE PEOPLE THAT YOU NEVER GET TO LOVE showcases a highly developed style, a clarity of tone, crisp enunciation, and a breezy, articulate delivery, all of which lend her recordings a sharp, professional feel.
What McCorkle lacks in improvisatory bravado (her vocal approach is fairly straightforward), she makes up for in warm timbre and attention to phrasing. Ballads such as "I Have the Feeling I've Been Here Before" and "The Hungry Years" work well alongside more uptempo numbers such as "I Won't Dance" and the rhythmically expressive title cut. This is smooth, by-the-book vocal jazz that, in approach and execution, owes a great deal to the tradition of Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday and Sarah Vaughn.
Lester YoungLester Young in Washington, D.C., 1956, Volume 3 (Live) (CD)
Someone to Watch Over Me: The Songs of George Gershwin (CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
Let's Face The Music: The Songs of Irving Berlin (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE