- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: November 5, 1996
- Label: Jazz Alliance
- 1.Old Devil Moon
- 2.The Begat
- 3.If I Only Had a Heart
- 4.Ding Dong, The Witch Is Dead
- 5.Over the Rainbow
- 6.Poor You
- 8.What Is There to Say?
- 9.Thrill Me
- 10.Happiness Is a Thing Called Joe
- 11.The Eagle and Me
- 12.Moanin' in the Mornin'
- 13.Down With Love
- 14.Here's To Your Illusions / In Times Like These
- 15.(Untitled) - (hidden track)
Full title: Over The Rainbow - The Songs Of E.Y. "Yip" Harburg.
Personnel: Susannah McCorkle (vocals); Keith Ingham (piano); Jack Six (bass); Ronnie Bedford (drums).
Recorded in 1980.
Susannah McCorkle's first three recordings focused on the "songbooks" of specific composers or lyricists. For her third project, McCorkle (backed by pianist Keith Ingham, bassist Jack Six and drummer Ronnie Bedford) explored the words of Yip Harburg, who was most renowned for his work on The Wizard of Oz. McCorkle not only revisits a few of those classic tunes (including the title cut, "If I Only Had a Heart" and "Ding Dong, the Witch Is Dead") but plenty of obscure works such as "The Begat," "Napoleon" and "Moanin' in the Mornin'." McCorkle was very much up for this assignment and she did Yip Harburg's work justice. ~ Scott Yanow