The Moody Blues A Question of Balance
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.07 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.91 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 20, 1997
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Polydor / UMGD
Rolling Stone - 11/12/70, p.40"...an abundance of spiritual and other insights and poetry that recalled the best of - yes, I dare say it - Gibran, colossal Straussian orchestrations simulated by a mellotron and heavenly choirs....an unexaggerably beautiful record..."
Uncut - p.1203 stars out of 5 -- "[B]y 1970's A QUESTION OF TIME, they'd shifted to a simpler approach, easier to recreate live."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Question
- $0.99 on iTunes2.How It Is (We Are Here)
- $1.29 on iTunes3.And The Tide Rushes In
- $0.69 on iTunes4.Don't You Feel Small
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Tortoise & The Hare
- $0.99 on iTunes6.It's Up To You
- $0.69 on iTunes7.Minstrel's Song
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Dawning Is The Day
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Melancholy Man
- $0.99 on iTunes10.The Balance
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Mike's Number One
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Question [Alternate Version]
- $0.69 on iTunes13.Minstrel's Song [Original Mix]
- $0.99 on iTunes14.It's Up to You [Original Mix]
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Don't You Feel Small [Original Mix]
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Dawning Is the Day [Full Original Mix]
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Moody Blues: Justin Hayward, Graeme Edge, John Lodge, Mike Pinder, Ray Thomas.
Engineers: Derek Varnals, Adrian Martins, Robin Thompson.
Includes liner notes by John Reed.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
The Moody Blues: Ray Thomas (harmonica); Mike Pinder (keyboards); John Lodge (bass instrument); Graeme Edge (percussion); Justin Hayward .
Personnel: Justin Hayward , John Lodge (vocals, guitar); Ray Thomas (vocals, flute, horns); Michael Pinder (vocals, keyboards); Graeme Edge (drums).
Liner Note Author: John Reed.
Recording information: 01/17/1970-06/06/1970.
Photographer: David Rohl.
The beautifully remastered version of the Moody Blues's 1970 back-to-basics album (translation: they cut way back on the overdubs) strips away the original aural murk at last, and includes informative liner-note interviews with the band about the recording process. Standout tracks include the classic sort-of protest song "Question" and "It's Up to You," one of singer/guitarist Justin Hayward's most authoritatively wistful riff-rockers.
There is a clear attempt to pare back the lush excesses of their earlier work in favor of a leaner rock sound, as heard on cuts like John Lodge's pell-mell "The Tortoise and the Hare." Still, one of the album's standouts is Ray Thomas's "And the Tide Rushes In," a lovely psychedelic ballad of the sort that moved the Who's Pete Townshend to remark that the Moody Blues' albums were so gorgeously produced that listening to them was like "being in church." A QUESTION OF BALANCE is a fine album, and a clear preparation for its successor EVERY GOOD BOY DESERVES FAVOUR, one of the band's finest moments.
The Moody BluesIn Search of the Lost Chord [US 2008 Bonus Tracks]
$13.07 Super Savings
The Moody BluesThe Lost Performance (French Television Simulated...
$10.72 Super Savings
The Best of The 60s - 20th Century Masters / Millennium... (CD)
$3.85 Super Savings
On the Threshold of a Dream [Expanded Version] (CD)
$13.07 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection (CD)
$7.79 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 95 ratings.
Based on 95 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Impressions Singles Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Original Gospel Harmonettes Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE