The Moody Blues Caught Live + 5
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.11 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 22, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
- 1.Gypsy (Of A Strange And Distant Time) - (live)
- 2.Sunset, The - (live)
- 3.Dr. Livingstone, I Presume - (live)
- 4.Never Comes The Day - (live)
- 5.Peak Hour - (live)
- 6.Tuesday Afternoon - (live)
- 7.Are You Sitting Comfortably? - (live)
- 8.Dream, The - (live)
- 9.Have You Heard (Part 1) - (live)
- 10.Voyage, The - (live)
- 11.Have You Heard (Part 2) - (live)
- 12.Nights In White Satin - (live)
- 13.Legend Of A Mind - (live)
- 14.Ride My See-Saw - (live)
- 15.Gimme A Little Somethin'
- 16.Please Think About It
- 17.Long Summer Days
- 18.King And Queen
- 19.What Am I Doing Here?
The Moody Blues: Justin Hayward (vocals, guitar); John Lodge (vocals, bass); Ray Thomas (vocals, flute); Graeme Edge (drums).
Engineers include: Bill Price, John Punter, Derek Varnals.
Principally recorded live at the Royal Albert Hall, London, England on December 12, 1969.
Digitally remastered by Steven Fallone.
Personnel: Justin Hayward , John Lodge (vocals, guitar); Ray Thomas (vocals, flute); Michael Pinder (vocals, keyboards); Graeme Edge (drums).
Recording information: Royal Albert Hall, London, England (05/19/1967-12/12/1969).
Due to interpersonal strife, the Moody Blues called it quits between 1972's SEVENTH SOJOURN and 1978's OCTAVE. Presumably attempting to satiate hungry Moodies fans, Threshold released this vintage concert recording from a 1969 Royal Albert Hall show. The band was young and at the peak of its popularity, and they sound full of promise and ambition. Most of the songs come from their classic concept album DAYS OF FUTURE PASSED and its two successors. Having not yet settled into a more comfortable ballad mode, the group was at the peak of its psych/prog powers. Mike Pinder's Mellotron is unleashed in all its faux-string section glory on "Tuesday Afternoon" and the evergreen "Nights in White Satin," and Ray Thomas's pixie-like flute presence colors pretty ballads such as "Are you Sitting Comfortably?"
The most impressive thing about CAUGHT LIVE is that the Moodies, whose reputation was made on their larger-than-life studio achievements, proved more than equal to the task of reproducing these achievements live. As a bonus, there are five tracks appended to CAUGHT LIVE, studio rarities from the same time period.
The Moody BluesA Night at Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra...
$20.97 Super Savings
1970 Isle of Wight Festival: Message To Love (DVD)(67)
$7.83 Super Savings
On the Threshold of a Dream [Expanded Version] (CD)(116)
$11.84 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 40 ratings.
Based on 40 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 6 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Funk, Volume 2: 12 Funky Tracks (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE