- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 24, 2010
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Magnolia
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disc 1
- Introduction by George A. Romero
- Audio Commentary with George A. Romero and Crew
- Time with George
- HDNet: A Look at Survival of the Dead
- Disc 2
- "Walking After Midnight" Documentary
- "Sarge" Short Film
- "A Minute Of Your Time" - 13 Behind the Scenes Shorts
- Storyboard Comparison: Heads on Stakes
- How To Create Your Own Zombie Bite
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Total Film - 02/23/2010
3 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he film pulses with the writer/director's signature blood-black humour..."
Los Angeles Times - 05/28/2010
3 stars out of 5 -- "Romero is using better actors than in the past....The menu includes new and creative ways to make heads detonate..."
Sight and Sound - 07/01/2010
"Romero and his effects team have lost none of their relish for dark grotesquerie..."
A group of rogue soldiers seek shelter from the zombie apocalypse on scenic Plum Island, only to become caught up in a bitter feud between two warring families. Sarge Crocket (Alan Van Sprang) and his motley crew of military abandoners are searching for a safe place to rest when they cross paths with Patrick O'Flynn (Kenneth Welsh). O'Flynn has been banished from Plum Island, where his family is locked in a longtime quarrel with the Muldoons. The O'Flynns see the flesh-eaters as subhuman, never hesitating to put a bullet between their eyes; the Muldoons balk at the prospect of killing their gut-munching loved ones, instead opting to care for their rotting kinfolk until scientists find a cure for the undead scourge. As the division between the two families grows deeper and wider, Crocket and his men realize that on Plum Island, the zombies are the least of their worries.