- Audio Commentary with Star Martine Beswick, Director Roy Ward Baker, and Writer/ Co-Producer Brian Clemens. Moderated by Hammer Films Historian Marcus Hearn
- Theatrical Trailer
- Radio Spots
- Poster and Still Gallery
- Talent Bios
- Anamorphic Widescreen
- Audio: English & French
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 20, 2001
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Starz / Anchor Bay
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Martine Beswick - Star, Roy Ward Baker - Director, Brian Clemens - Screenwriter, Marcus Hearn - Moderator
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Art
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
In Victorian London, young Dr. Jekyll attempts to create an Elixir of Life using female hormones stolen from the glands of fresh corpses. But when Jekyll drinks the experimental potion himself, he is transformed into a beautiful woman with an unstoppable taste for mayhem. Can both fiends share a rampage of ghastly murder and perverse desire, or will the ultimate battle of the sexes rage within Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde
Ralph Bates (Horror of Frankenstein, Lust for a Vampire) and Martine Beswick (Thunderball, One Million Years B.C.) star in this gender-bending twist on the classic tale that horror fans consider one of the most provocative shockers in Hammer history - presented here complete and uncut, with footage not seen in the original U.S. theatrical release.
Roy Ward Barker directs this Hammer Studios produced take on Robert Louis Stevenson's classic story. Here, Dr. Henry Jekyll is an earnest scientist who is searching for a formula that will eradicate every disease known to man. However, during the course of his research, he discovers a potion that changes him into predatory woman. As he resorts to murder in order to obtain the necessary bodily fluids for the elixir, Dr. Jekyll tries to fight off both the increasing dominance of Sister Hyde as well as mask his activities from the police. An intriguing and original take on a classic story, DR. JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE is a enjoyably atmospheric thriller.
A variation on the classic split-personality tale. Here, a kind doctor's potion (and his own dark instincts) lead to his metamorphosis into a cunning, beautiful woman -- who is also a dangerous serial killer. Will the doctor find a way to keep his "feminine side" under control'
Mad Doctor |
Theatrical Release |
- Produced by Associated British Productions, Elstree, but only in conjunction with Hammer Films.