The Best of Rap and Hip Hop - 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection [Import]
by Various Artists
- Released: October 21, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Universal Int'l
- 1.Kurtis BlowThe Breaks
- 2.Salt 'N PepaPush It
- 3.Eric B. & RakimPaid In Full
- 4.Public EnemyDon't Believe The Hype
- 5.Slick RickChildren's Story
- 6.Dream WarriorsMy Definition Of A Boombastic Jazz Style [Soul Bossanova Mix]
- 7.Queen LatifahLadies First
- 9.LL Cool JMama Said Knock You Out
- 10.BlackstreetNo Diggity
- 11.Mary J. BligeWhat's The 411?
- 12.The RootsThe Next Movement
Liner Note Author: Soo Gane Won.
Photographers: Ted Hopkins; Jonathan Mannion.
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: Rap & Hip Hop, released in Canada, is a scattered but ultimately satisfying compilation that rummages through Universal Music's archives from the '80s and '90s. Beginning with Kurtis Blow's "The Breaks" and ending with the Roots' "The Next Movement," the disc includes tracks from just about every period in between, with a noted emphasis on the late-'80s/early-'90s golden age (Public Enemy's "Don't Believe the Hype," Slick Rick's "Children's Story," LL Cool J's "Mama Said Knock You Out," Eric B. & Rakim's "Paid in Full"). The inclusions of Mary J. Blige's "What's the 411?" and Blackstreet's "No Diggity" demonstrate how hip-hop infiltrated R&B to the point where distinguishing between the two genres often became impossible. ~ Andy Kellman
First Generation Rap - The Old School, Volume 3 (CD)(4)
99¢ on SALE
First Generation Rap - The Old School, Volume 4 (CD)(4)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!