Fleetwood Mac The Pious Bird of Good Omen
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 12, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Blue Horizon
- 1.Need Your Love So Bad - (alternate take)
- 2.Rambling Pony
- 3.I Believe My Time Ain't Long
- 4.The Sun Is Shining
- 6.Black Magic Woman
- 7.Jigsaw Puzzle Blues
- 8.Like Crying
- 9.Need Your Love So Bad - (take)
- 10.Need Your Love So Bad - (take)
- 11.Need Your Love So Bad - (take)
- 12.Need Your Love So Bad
Fleetwood Mac: Peter Green (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Jeremy Spencer (vocals, guitar, piano); Christine Perfect (piano); John McVie (bass guitar); Mick Fleetwood (drums).
Additional personnel: Bob Brunning (bass instrument).
Liner Note Author: Mike Vernon.
With songs taken from Fleetwood Mac and Mr. Wonderful, Pious Bird of Good Omen serves as a worthy 12-track compilation of the band's early Peter Green days. Climbing to number 18 in the U.K., the album managed to catapult Fleetwood Mac's version of Little Willie John's "Need Your Love So Bad" into the English charts for the third time, resting at number 42. The album itself was released by Blue Horizon after the group's contract with them had expired, making it one of the best routes in which to explore their mingling of Chicago and British blues. "Albatross," "Black Magic Woman," and "I Believe My Time Ain't Long" are timeless Fleetwood Mac standards, representing some of the band's best pre-Rumours work. Anyone who isn't familiar with Fleetwood Mac's origins should use Pious Bird of Good Omen as a starting point in investigating the first wave of the band, which will almost certainly lead to further interests into albums such as English Rose, Then Play On, and Kiln House, and then into later albums like Bare Trees and Penguin, which reveal subtle yet effective changes in the band's blues sound. But even aside from its purpose as a collection, Pious Bird of Good Omen makes for a terrific laid-back stroll through some of the best British blues music ever made. ~ Mike DeGagne
Fleetwood MacThe Original Fleetwood Mac [Columbia Bonus Tracks]
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE