Fleetwood Mac The Original Fleetwood Mac [Columbia Bonus Tracks]
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 12, 2004
- Label: Blue Horizon
- 2.Leaving Town Blues
- 3.Watch Out
- 4.A Fool No More
- 5.Mean Old Fireman - (take)
- 6.Can't Afford to Do It
- 7.Fleetwood Mac
- 8.Worried Dream
- 9.Love That Woman
- 10.Allow Me One More Show
- 11.First Train Home
- 12.Rambling Pony No. 2
- 13.Watch Out - (Take 1)
- 14.Something Inside of Me - (live)
- 15.Something Inside of Me - (take)
- 16.Something Inside of Me - (Take 3)
- 17.One Sunny Day
- 18.Without You
- 19.Coming Your Way
Fleetwood Mac: Peter Green, Jeremy Spencer, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood.
Engineers: Martin Ross, Martin Birch, Stuart Dinky Dawson.
Recorded between 1967 & 1969.
Digitally remastered by Andy Pearce.
Contains four previously unreleased bonus tracks.
Fleetwood Mac: Peter Green (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Jeremy Spencer (vocals, guitar, piano); Christine Perfect (piano); John McVie (bass guitar); Mick Fleetwood (drums, rub-board).
THE ORIGINAL FLEETWOOD MAC comprises previously unissued material by the Peter Green-led late-'60s incarnation of Fleetwood Mac. (The band would go on to great commercial success in the 1970s with a different line-up). Though Green's Fleetwood Mac was rooted in the tradition of electric Chicago blues on the order of Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf, the group developed a fiery sound that also featured a solid dose of '60s psychedelic rock. Green's fleet-fingered leads soar through his distortion-heavy amp and are complemented by the slide guitar of Jeremy Spencer, and the gut-punch rhythms of Mick Fleetwood (drums) and John McVie (bass).
The material on THE ORIGINAL includes a number of cuts from the sessions for the band's first album, false starts, alternate versions, between-song chatting, and remixes. But the set is far from a fans-only collector's item; the material is uniformly strong, displaying the ensemble's usual blend of exacting musicianship (especially on the part of Green) and edgy, ragged energy. Trivia fact: The tune "Worried Dream," included here, is one of the band's earliest recordings with pianist Christine Perfect, who would marry bassist McVie and become one of Fleetwood Mac's primary singer/songwriters.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE