Fleetwood Mac Blues Jam in Chicago, Volume 2
20 copies available
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 12, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Blue Horizon
- 1.World's In A Tangle
- 2.Talk With You
- 3.Like It This Way
- 4.Someday Soon Baby
- 5.Hungry Country Girl
- 6.Black Jack Blues - (Bonus Track)
- 7.Everyday I Have The Blues
- 8.Rockin' Boogie
- 9.My Baby's Gone
- 10.Sugar Mama - (take 1, Bonus Track)
- 11.Sugar Mama - (take)
- 12.Homework - (Bonus Track)
- 13.Honey Boy Blues
- 14.I Need Your Love - (take 1, Bonus Track)
- 15.Horton's Boogie Woogie (Take 2)
- 16.Have A Good Time
- 17.That's Wrong
- 18.Rock Me Baby
Fleetwood Mac: Jeremy Spencer (vocals, guitar, slide guitar); Danny Kirwan, Peter Green (vocals, guitar); John McVie (bass guitar); Mick Fleetwood (drums).
Additional personnel: Otis Spann (vocals, piano); David Honeyboy Edwards, Buddy Guy (guitar); Big Walter Horton (harmonica); J.T. Brown (tenor saxophone); Willie Dixon (acoustic bass guitar); S.P. Leary (drums).
Like VOL. 1, BLUES JAM IN CHICAGO VOL. 2 documents collaborations between some of Chess Records' most prominent bluesmen and the late-1960s version of Fleetwood Mac (the blues-rock power outfit, as opposed to the commercially successful soft-rock incarnation from the '70s). Given that the Peter Green-led Fleetwood Mac was already deeply rooted in Chicago blues, the project proved to be a natural for the group, with Green's blues-drenched leads and the chops of Mick Fleetwood (drums), John McVie (bass), Danny Kirwan and Jeremy Spencer (guitars) providing a perfect framework for contributions by Willie Dixon, Otis Spann, and David "Honeyboy" Edwards, among others.
Green and company bring an edge to the proceedings, playing with the kind of muscle and unbridled energy associated with rock music. Interestingly, VOL. 2 has greater variety in the lineup than VOL. 1, with Dixon substituting on bass for McVie on a number of tracks, along with much swapping of vocal duties. This last fact gives the second installment the edge over the first, with Edwards singing on his own tunes ("Honey Boy Blues" is a highlight), and the inimitable Spann singing "Someday Soon Baby" and "Hungry Country Girl." This is one of the finer snapshots of British blues-rock meeting its source.
Fleetwood MacThe Original Fleetwood Mac [Columbia Bonus Tracks]
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
40 Blue Fingers Freshly Packed & Ready to Serve (CD)
$13.58 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE