- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 25 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 27, 2010
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 07/30/2010
"[T]his feminist Western is absolutely worth watching, especially alongside other gunslinger movies like Joan Crawford's JOHNNY GUITAR and Sharon Stone's THE QUICK AND THE DEAD." -- Grade: B+
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2010
"[Culp] comes across as profoundly real -- a pragmatic profiteer of death with an angelic streak..."
After a brutal attack by three thugs, a raped, widowed and now homeless woman learns to shoot a gun, then sets out to put a few notches in its handle.
After three vicious brothers rape Hannie Caulder, kill her husband and burn down the couple's farm, she attempts to get revenge. Hannie meets bounty hunter Thomas Luther Price and convinces him to teach her how to become a skilled markswoman. In the process, the two strike up an offbeat friendship.
But will Hannie actually be able to defeat the sinister Clemens brothers'
Battered Women |
Theatrical Release |
- A Tigon British-Curtwell production.
- Released theatrically in New York City May 24, 1972.
- Shot on location in Spain in Panavision. Color by Eastmancolor.
- Additional credit: Z. X. Jones (screenwriter).